Larry Embrey's MGB with Ford 5.0L EFI V8(as recorded by Larry Embrey in 2003)
- Chassis: Stock MGB, 2420lbs total; 1240lbs front(51%), 1180lbs rear(49%)
- Engine: 1999 Ford Explorer block with 17K miles, Ported Ford GT-40X Alum heads, Custom Cam with; 237/247 duration @.050" & .480lift. Est: 360-370hp.
- Induction: 1995 Mustang GT intakes with 1995 Cobra electronics.
- Exhaust: Custom homemade full-length 1.5" headers with 3" collectors, running to dual 2.5" main exhaust and mufflers with tips ending in front of rear wheels.
- Cooling: Stock MGB radiator and 8" ducted fans.
- Clutch: 10.5, Mustang 5.0 stock flywheel, stock MGB Clutch master cylinder with McLeod/Weber HTOB.
- Trans: T5-WC from '85 Mustang, .675OD.
- Driveshaft: Custom unit using Mustang front yoke and Ford Ranger rear U-joint.
- Rear diff: Stock MGB (to be replaced with Ford 8.8)
- Brake: All stock recently rebuilt MGB units.
- Suspension: Stock, except V8 bushings in front.
- Fuel Tank: Early model MGB fuel tank with hard fitted pick-up and a late model sender/pick-up for return line, mounted in normal location.
Electronic fuel injection
Carter 625cfm carb and K&N air cleaners
stock 4cyl radiator and custom headers