BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: harv8 on June 28, 2009, 09:34:26 PM

Title: Graeme Harvey Autocrossing HARV8 in Barrie, Ontario
Post by: harv8 on June 28, 2009, 09:34:26 PM
Hi All,

Graeme autocrossed HARV8 at a meet in Barrie, Ontario yesterday.  There was stiff competition from modern cars like Subaru WRXs, Civics, Miatas, etc.  There were some interesting V8s too.....like a 240Z Chevy conversion, an Impala SS, Camaros, and  BMWs. There were a couple of classic machines too.....Lotus Elan, MG Midget and BMW 2002 tii.  
Many people asked ........"Is there really a V8 in there?".  I have lots of pics of Graeme "flying the flag" for BritishV8s.
Here's a few of them.

HARV8Autocrosssmall.jpg
HARV8CornersPylonsmall.jpg
HARV8Cornerssmall.jpg
HARV8Autcrosstentsmall.jpg

Cheers,
Martyn

(PS I'm sorry I couldn't make it to this year's Meet)
Title: Re: Graeme Harvey Autocrossing HARV8 in Barrie, Ontario
Post by: mowog1 on June 29, 2009, 07:59:14 AM
You're forgiven.

Make it to Indy nect year!
Title: Re: Graeme Harvey Autocrossing HARV8 in Barrie, Ontario
Post by: madmax on June 29, 2009, 10:09:28 AM
Martyn!

Well!?!?    How'd he DO?!?  

We missed you both at VIR to kick Pete's (and Carl's and Dale's...) ass!

M
Title: Re: Graeme Harvey Autocrossing HARV8 in Barrie, Ontario
Post by: harv8 on June 29, 2009, 11:09:55 AM
If he had done really well  I definitely would have said!!! However, I thought he did great.
Most of the competition were running comp tires and were quite experienced autocrossers.  HARV8 was on street tires of course and Graeme hasn't driven a course since the Cleveland V8 Meet in '07 AND since he could n't get the driver's seat close enough to the pedals (I offered to duck tape wooden blocks to them) I think he was disadvantaged.  Even so, he drove smoothly and the car performed admirably!!!  The stock Lotus Elan with experienced driver and street tires did 59 seconds and most competitive cars were between 56 and 60 seconds.  Graeme's best was a 62......but looked a heck of a lot faster!

Elansmall.jpg
HARV8Corners3small.jpg
BMW.jpg
Midgetsmall.jpg
Title: Re: Graeme Harvey Autocrossing HARV8 in Barrie, Ontario
Post by: MGBV8 on June 29, 2009, 08:55:57 PM
Yep, we certainly missed y'all. I think Graeme would done very well at our go-kart event.