I know some of you took really cool photos at the BritishV8 meet...
Why not post your favorites in this thread?
OK - I'll start it off...
100_3771600x450.jpg
Parade laps at VIR - that's Curly Kirkman in front of me.
100_3858600x450.jpg
Go Karting at VIR.........
100_3815600x450.jpg
On the dyno.......
Curtis:
Here's a link to some pics. The aircraft photos are from the Smithsonian Aviation Museum near Dulles Airport.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/45705402@N00/
Another photo taken by Desmond at Flying Circus English Cars................
214600x450.jpg
From what I have read so far this looks like a lot of effort goes into this great event. Is there a location and date for the British V8 2010 yet? Many Thanks.
British V8 2010 will be in Indianapolis.
Date to be announced after we confirm availability of a couple of the desired venues.
The Heacock Classic at Virgina International Raceway provided plenty of photo ops. Here's Les Gonda and his car in victory lane:
IMG_2741.JPG
IMG_2743.JPG
More info on Les Gonda's winning car:http://www.britishv8.org/MG/LesGonda.htm
More candid photos from British V8 2009........
Checkingoutthe4-link1152x864.jpg
Checking out Bill Guzman's 4-link rear suspension at Flying Circus English Cars
TivvyShentons55Jag1401152x864.jpg
Tivvy Shelton's Jag XK140 Coupe race car.
PeteMantellinaCooper1152x864.jpg
In the Tivvy's Garage showroom - Pete Mantell in a Cooper and perhaps wondering if Tivvy would take his Lola for a trade in.......
If you saw the racing at VIR before the Durham gathering, there are some very good photos in the online (free!!) magazine, Sports Car Digest. Had a great time at VIR and British v8 2009 and looking forward to Indianapolis.
http://www.sportscardigest.com/archives/6892?awt_l=GW8vB&awt_m=1ftTpXRh08s.C0
Phil Ossinger
Fredericton, NB
There certainly were some handsome "new" cars at this meet!
This is Mike Alexander's Buick-powered MGB:
(http://www.britishv8.org/MG/MikeAlexander/MikeAlexander-BA.jpg)
(http://www.britishv8.org/MG/MikeAlexander/MikeAlexander-ED.jpg)
(http://www.britishv8.org/MG/MikeAlexander/MikeAlexander-DK.jpg)
Quite literally "clean", eh?
And this is Wayne Rippy's Oldsmobile-powered GT:
(http://www.britishv8.org/MG/WayneRippy/WayneRippy-BC.jpg)
(http://www.britishv8.org/MG/WayneRippy/WayneRippy-CB.jpg)
Beautiful paint, but photos don't do this color justice.
Someone please help me remember who brought this blue MGB. I'm sure I must have met the owner, but I'm having a hard time matching a face and a name with the car. The license plate indicates it's from South Carolina. The engine appears to be a Rover V8.
BlueMGB.jpg
(Note: don't confuse this with Jim Brucato's car. Note the light blue hardtop. Also, Jim's car has an MGC bonnet. Also, that's Kelly Stevenson's blue MGB parked on the left...)
Thanks Rick, I will be on the look out for the date. I am anxious to take my Triumph Stag out for a fun weekend show and learn about all that is out there from all the other British cars guys. We take it out for a drive every minute we can here. Thanks, Rob
sm_DSC00148.jpg
You mean, Pictures Like this one Curtis?
Curtis,
that bue B belongs to Chris Powell. It is a 3.9 Rover, High compression, T5 trans, narrowed Dord 8 in rear with 3.5 gears.
It also has AC.
I helped him put it together twice. Once with a Buick and then with the Rover. He used a D&D kit.
Steve
Steve,
Bue B's and Dords do not belong on this forum. :-)
I don't know, Graham.....I would welcome bue b's on this forum anytime!
Gotta draw the line at Dords, though!