BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: kstevusa on June 11, 2009, 05:48:01 PM

Title: Kudos for Max & Emily for V8 meet!
Post by: kstevusa on June 11, 2009, 05:48:01 PM
Thanks to Max & Emily for a great time.  it was great to see old friends and make new ones.  Max & Emily put in a lot of effort and time so we could enjoy ourselves.  Thanks again!
SAFETY FASTER!
Title: Re: Kudos for Max & Emily for V8 meet!
Post by: Bill Young on June 11, 2009, 06:41:51 PM
I couldn't agree more Kelly. They did a super job. Only my second V8 meet, but one definitely to remember.
Title: Re: Kudos for Max & Emily for V8 meet!
Post by: mowog1 on June 11, 2009, 08:22:55 PM
Jean and I pulled into Chateau Ingram at 6:00pm CDT - a 14-hour drive in the MGC from Durham (including a brief breakfast stop, lunch stop, and gas stops in each state except West Virginia).

The weather was OK...rain in NC and WV - a little in KY, IN, and sun in Illinois! The MGC ran like a champ.

It was great seeing/meeting all of you enthusiasts this week.....the time went too rapidly for me!

Max and Emily...kudos once again for a well organized event. Those who were unable to make it...missed a good one!
Title: Re: Kudos for Max & Emily for V8 meet!
Post by: tr6turbo on June 11, 2009, 08:41:41 PM
Max and Emily, Great job!!!!

Even with all the trouble I had I the meet was still a super event for me.

Dale
Title: Re: Kudos for Max & Emily for V8 meet!
Post by: britcars on June 11, 2009, 11:34:32 PM
A great job Max and Emily.  Having organized large events in the past, I, and I know many others, can appreciate the time, effort and discipline needed to organize and pull of an event.  This one was EXCELLENT!!!!!

Were about half way home, in Milford, PA tonight.  We made a long stop at the Smithsonian Air Museum near Washington........really worth spending some time there.  Drove through really, really heavy ran for a couple of hours in the dark through the mountains.  No fun.

Again, a great trip and a super time.  Looking forward to British v8 2010.

Phil
Title: Re: Kudos for Max & Emily for V8 meet!
Post by: SpuriousV8 on June 11, 2009, 11:42:17 PM
Excellent Job Emily and Max !!! You two did a wonderful job of arranging a memorable Meet !!!

I made it home to South Florida at 10pm. The MG V8 Gods were smiling down upon my car and myself. Not a problem along the way mechanically, Traffic was not an issue either. No Rain at all. But the Excessive Heat in Georgia was killer in the mid-afternoon hours. The car handled it better than I did.

It was great to see all the old crowd, and to meet all people I have come to know from the forums too.

Hope to do it all again !!!
Title: Re: Kudos for Max & Emily for V8 meet!
Post by: RMO 699F on June 12, 2009, 12:54:06 AM
Kay and I made it home @ 11:30 PM, some light drizzle, but all in all a nice trip. Gotta send out mega thanks to Max and Emily for their yeoman efforts to make this event such a huge success...my God, so many cool cars in the locations we visited (eg series one bmw 507, 2002 bmws, the beautiful Italian cars, loved that Fiat Abarth), the tour of Dales machine shop was so educational for this rookie....and the 3 stooges did their normal great job at the auction...and of course seeing all of the attendees again was great...again, double mega thanks to Max and Emily!
Title: Re: Kudos for Max & Emily for V8 meet!
Post by: Moderator on June 12, 2009, 12:57:15 AM
I think I was last to pull away from the hotel, at ~11am.  

I didn't see any rain today. On my way up to the DC area for a long weekend, I stopped in Richmond for a nice visit with James Bowler. We filled-up the rest of my camera's memory card with photos of James demonstrating hammer-forming and planishing techniques. (I won't get back to Colorado for another five or six days.)





What a great meet! If variety is the spice of life... well, British V8 Meets have proven a particularly spicy addition to my life. I like how distinctively different each of the meets I've attended have been; what a tremendous diversity of cars, people, conversations, activities, etc. - Max and Emily fit a remarkable amount into the schedule this year. They were wonderful hosts in every respect. Getting cars onto the lifts at Flying Circus was great. I knew Motion Machine would be awesome, but I didn't know it would be THAT awesome. Racecars at Tivvy's and Apex, and the tie-in with Gold Cup action were particularly interesting highlights for me. Despite a little personal frustration at the dyno, I learned a bunch and everything there worked out for the best too. The banquet was delightful.

Can't wait 'til next year!
Title: Re: Kudos for Max & Emily for V8 meet!
Post by: psmg on June 12, 2009, 08:32:27 AM
Mary and I are still in NC spending some extra time with our daughter and son-in-law. We would like to second all the previous posts and thank Max and Emily for hosting a wonderful event. Everything was first class and well thought out. It was great seeing everyone again and we can't wait until next year.

This group of enthusiasts has to be the GREATEST bunch of people we have ever been associated with. Trying to describe you guys and gals to others is always one of the easiest things to do. Everyone cares, everyone shares, no bickering, lots of laughs, fantastic conversation, friendships generated and maintained, among many other things I'm failing to list. The whole world should look at what we do.

Thanks again to Max and Emily for bringing this group together again.

Paul and Mary
Title: Re: Kudos for Max & Emily for V8 meet!
Post by: Dan B on June 12, 2009, 10:29:01 AM
Max and Emily,

Thank you so much for your efforts to make this a fantastic event.  We even enjoyed the ride to the "other" Umstead Park.  Everything was super!

Thanks again!

Dan Blackwood
Title: Re: Kudos for Max & Emily for V8 meet!
Post by: rficalora on June 12, 2009, 02:28:56 PM
Totally agree; Max & Emily, you guys did an outstanding job.  Great fun for all.  Thanks, I know it was a ton of work!

Rob
Title: Re: Kudos for Max & Emily for V8 meet!
Post by: ex-tyke on June 12, 2009, 03:25:21 PM
Just got back from the 2 day return trip from NC about 30 minutes ago. Speaking for myself, Pete S, Gord M, & Dave B, a loud round of applause goes to Max & Emily from the Canadian contingent....all your hard work paid off with the most successful British V8 show to date.
Title: Re: Kudos for Max & Emily for V8 meet!
Post by: madmax on June 12, 2009, 07:08:45 PM
Geez..... all these accolades.  

Well, I said it once before, so I'll say it again here:

Flatter all you want, you're NOT getting The Dickel!!!!   :-p


Glad you all got home safe and that you enjoyed yourselves.   After 12 years (and 10 meets) of watching others do these shows I can only say that we GREATLY benefited from all the previous meets!   I especially thank Paul & Mary, Rick Ingram, Pete Mantell, and Dan Masters for giving me some good "how-to" advice!  

Cheers,

Max
Title: Re: Kudos for Max & Emily for V8 meet!
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on June 12, 2009, 07:41:50 PM
OK, if flattery won't do it, what's it going to take?

Seriously though, wonderful meet, and there's little I can say beyond agreeing with everyone else's sentiments. This does make volunteering for one of these an intimidating affair, but I'd like to point out to anyone considering it that the past organizers just happen to be the most helpful and accommodating people on the planet. So if you do volunteer you are very far from going it alone and will have help and advice every step of the way. Am I right Max?

Jim
Title: Re: Kudos for Max & Emily for V8 meet!
Post by: brdave on June 12, 2009, 09:37:39 PM
Sorry to have left the banquet early but needed to get some miles behind me.  Thanks to Max and Emily for a fantastic meet in a beautiful part of the country.  It was great to see you all again.  Made it home yesterday evening, no problems with the car until just several miles from home when a bad brake hose heated up a rotor.  Pulled into the driveway with the odo reading 00007 miles.  Nice to have a new car again.  

dave burstyn
Title: Re: Kudos for Max & Emily for V8 meet!
Post by: Citron on June 13, 2009, 09:58:02 AM
We got back with no trouble either.
 Had a great time, thanks Max and Emily.
Enjoyed seeing everyone and am looking forward to next year.


Steve and Margaret.
Title: Re: Kudos for Max & Emily for V8 meet!
Post by: tr302 on June 13, 2009, 10:42:06 PM
I too would like to thank Max and Emily for a very well organized event.   I know it was a tremendous amount of work and planning.    This was my first event and I really enjoyed myself.   Everyone was very friendly and answered my "rookie" questions gladly.   You are an exceptional group of "car people" and I look forward to seeing everyone next year.   Hopefully with a car with more than 94 rear wheel horsepower.  Thanks to ALL and especially to Max and Emily.

Regards,

Ken Nicks