BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: jbarila on April 29, 2009, 02:19:22 PM

Title: Wheel Question
Post by: jbarila on April 29, 2009, 02:19:22 PM
Would a 15"x7" 4lug x 4-1/2 with 0 mm offset and 4" of backspace work?
I know wheel threads go on forever but I have a chance to get a nice set cheap. But once I have them shipped I own them.
Thanks,
JB
Title: Re: Wheel Question
Post by: RMO 699F on April 29, 2009, 04:49:49 PM
John, if you are asking if these wheels will fit a standard mgb without flares, the answer is no.
Title: Re: Wheel Question
Post by: ex-tyke on April 29, 2009, 07:56:31 PM
Mike's correct - I have 15x7 Panasports with 22mm offset (std MGB) on a Ford axle that is the same width as the std "B" axle and they are close to optimal for fitting in the wheelwell.
Title: Re: Wheel Question
Post by: jbarila on April 30, 2009, 04:45:44 PM
So Mike, if the wells are flared they will fit? I was concerned with rubbing the inner side.
Thanks,
JB
Title: Re: Wheel Question
Post by: ex-tyke on April 30, 2009, 07:41:13 PM
If your axle is a std width "B" axle , then you will have no problem with inner well interference by using those 4" backset wheels - you will, of course, have to flare the fenders.
Title: Re: Wheel Question
Post by: classic conversions on May 17, 2009, 09:07:06 PM
When you say offset, is the offset + or - in another words is the offset on the face of the wheel or back of the wheel.

Many companies now days they refer to + offset sue to the FWD wheels. The best way is to measure your backspace (offset in the back of the wheel) and order a set with the same. this will help you.  https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html#backspace