BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: Neil Verity on April 17, 2009, 12:29:15 PM

Title: Will a JAG IRS hub fit in a 16" wheel?
Post by: Neil Verity on April 17, 2009, 12:29:15 PM
Hi,

Quick question, Does the stock JAG IRS hub fit into a 16" wheel?  I have options on wheel size (16" or 17"), but would prefer to use the 16" wheel since slicks are about $100.00 apiece cheaper than 17" slicks and of course the car could be lower to the ground.  Ideally, I don't want to be limited on backspacing, when considering wheel diameter (probably use an 11" wide wheel) which of course can only tuck under the car so much before inner fender/frame rails become an issue, but per class rules I can have up to a 64" track.

P.S.  Jim, your threads on the 340 and roadmaster builds have been very helpful....just coudn't see if the 16" wheel would work.

Neil
Title: Re: Will a JAG IRS hub fit in a 16" wheel?
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on April 17, 2009, 01:00:25 PM
It will depend on the wheel. In most cases it will probably work but you'll have to watch the pivot shaft nuts. 17's will definitely work.

Jim
Title: Re: Will a JAG IRS hub fit in a 16" wheel?
Post by: Neil Verity on April 17, 2009, 02:38:50 PM
Jim,

Thanks.  I also think it will work by my measurments with the REAL (thats a brand) wheels I have in mind but have yet to purchase.

Thanks again

Neil
Title: Re: Will a JAG IRS hub fit in a 16" wheel?
Post by: rficalora on April 17, 2009, 06:32:03 PM
If you can get measurements from the company, do that.  I know the inside diameter on my wheels tapers as you move inboard from the inner lips.  so what fit's inside the wheel by the inner lips doesn't fit by the time you get to the surface the hub mates to.