BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: BMC on December 09, 2007, 09:58:33 PM

Title: Can a German attend?
Post by: BMC on December 09, 2007, 09:58:33 PM
(there is an actual question at the bottom of this!!!)

My brother.


What can I say? He's the black sheep of the family.



Couldn't stick with British. Had to go for that snooty _g_erman stuff. I guess my Dad specializing in Mercedes Benz and BMW for all those years rubbed off on Jon one way, and my Dad's hobby- LBC's took on a different passion for me.


Well, after lots of money spent tryng to get his 'indirect' air cooled porsche to run quick and for every dollar he spent after the 4th year, the car would loose  1/100 of a BHP and he spent LOTS to try to get it running right. Possibly in the wrong places, but oh well.

So what does he do? Looks at our shop and says- I gotta have a' V8. I tried to convince him to go with one of our drivelines, but again, remember, black sheep.

After some time working with another company that specializes in closer to what he needs, and me twisting his arm to PLEASE not use the heavy LT1, they switched to an LS1. This summer will be his first outing with the LS powered Porkchop and I know he would love to run with the crowd in eastern WI. Also, being german and us driving our British iron with also domesticated iron under the bonnet, I feel he needs to run with us out to the meet.


***So the question is:
Would he be allowed to bring his conversion out to the meet and run with us in whatever we do?

Thank You,

-BMC.
Title: Re: Can a German attend?
Post by: danmas on December 09, 2007, 10:33:35 PM
BMC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Would he be allowed to bring his conversion out to
> the meet and run with us in whatever we do?


Yes.
Title: Re: Can a German attend?
Post by: BMC on December 09, 2007, 10:42:40 PM
Thank You Dan.

-BMC.
Title: Re: Can a German attend?
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on December 09, 2007, 11:47:16 PM
Sweet another ls1, I thought I was alone.
Title: Re: Can a German attend?
Post by: BMC on February 10, 2008, 07:02:01 PM
Calvin,

Are you ready with your TR-LS1-6? Jon and Jennifer and Jennifer and myself are all going for sure. Just looked at his LS1 today for the first time. Its an LS1, 700R4 and Ford 8.8 open diff. I hope they give that thing a lock before he leaves!

-BMC.
Title: Re: Can a German attend?
Post by: MGBV8 on February 11, 2008, 08:08:38 AM
"Can a German attend?"

Sure! I'm half German & I've been to every one 'cept that 1st one in St. Louis.  ;)
Title: Re: Can a German attend?
Post by: BMC on February 11, 2008, 10:54:27 AM
My wife's half German too. Part of this was to secretly find out if I had an excuse to leave her or take her with. I guess she's coming with too.
Title: Re: Can a German attend?
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on February 11, 2008, 12:52:44 PM
Brian,

I hope I can finish my TR6 before the WI meet. The work is still in progress, working every spare minute I can, kind of hard with my demanding water softener business.

There is some German In me also somewhere, in all the mixture of many.
Title: Re: Can a German attend?
Post by: danmas on February 11, 2008, 02:27:27 PM
BMC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My wife's half German too.

Mine is all German, born and reared in Berlin. She'll be coming with me.
Title: Re: Can a German attend?
Post by: BMC on February 11, 2008, 10:38:00 PM
Maybe I should have asked:

Can a Scots-Irish guy come- spending money to get there AND not drink a drop of alcohol the whole trip?

That would have partially described me.

-BMC.
Title: Re: Can a German attend?
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on February 12, 2008, 11:23:10 AM
I guess if they'll let me come they'll have to let you. Oh and btw, it's most definitely a good idea to bring the wives. They may gripe a bit but they also enjoy bumping shoulders with each other. Almost like they have their own club or something. I'm not even a little in on what's going on there, but if they like it I'm happy.

Jim