I have upgraded my 1980 Triumph TR8 with stroked engine, suspension, brakes, Transmission, but now i need to work on my Diff. Before i start hacking and modifying for the Ford 8.8 (probably my best, strongest, and most reliable option) I wanted any ones help or advice on adding a Limited Slip Diff like a Quaife, and changing the ring and pinion gears to a 340,360, or 390? Even this option is expensive so if anyone has done this and has used parts i can buy and try or has words of wisdom that this is probably my best first option to try for a reasonable bump in performance for the least $$. Thank you all I hope this forum is still hanging in there. please email or call me .. Im Todd in Iowa
Left a post on your parts wanted. You might look at Jeep axles. What engine? We did a 4.0L Lexus conversion in a 1980 TR7 and the axle is still going strong.
Jim
I saw this:
"The Dana 44 from a 1970s International Scout is as close outside drum to drum as the TR7/8 with about 1/4-inch difference"
Not sure how accurate that is. There are certainly better & more economical LSDs than a Quaiffe.