Subject: Help identifying rare Rover V8 single-plane manifold
Hi all,
I'm hoping some of the long-standing Rover V8 members can help identify this manifold.
I bought it several years ago from Mark ("mgbloke"), who raced an MGB GT V8 at Castle Combe. He told me it was a Huffaker manifold, and I've since found his old V8 Forum posts from 2007 referring to it throughout as a Huffaker.
I've also been contacted by someone on eBay who believes it is not an original Huffaker but a British Leyland copy of the Huffaker manifold used on the early TR7 V8 rally cars. They also mentioned that Real Steel later produced their own version.
The manifold has:
* Single-plane design.
* Separate carburettor mounting flange/spacer.
* Fabricated thermostat housing.
* No casting numbers or manufacturer's markings that I can find.
Before I advertise it, I'd really like to establish exactly what it is.
Can anyone identify it from the photographs, or explain the differences between:
* Original Huffaker,
* British Leyland copy,
* Real Steel copy,
* Harcourt version?
Any information or period documentation would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,
Rod