BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: 88v8 on December 11, 2025, 05:09:13 AM

Title: New forum!!!
Post by: 88v8 on December 11, 2025, 05:09:13 AM
Guess there may already be a thread... the forum has had a major update.
Thankyou  :D

One point, on my screen the text is quite faint and links don't show up well. Is there a way I can change the text colour?

Also, I don't see the pics any more. Perhaps that's because I'm on W7, my bad... but is there anything I can do from my end?
Title: Re: New forum!!!
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on December 11, 2025, 10:50:51 AM
Graham mentioned that you now need to log in to see the pictures, so you might try that. Could possibly help with the text too I suppose, worth a try.

I like the bold colors and background of the original layout personally, this new one has a washed out appearance by comparison.

Jim
Title: Re: New forum!!!
Post by: Scott Costanzo on December 11, 2025, 11:00:18 AM
Ivor,

Are you saying you can't see any pictures at all? Not even thumbnails?

You can change the "theme" if you go to the very top left of the page an click on the left most drop-down and select "Look and Layout". Try that and see if it helps you see things better.

Scott
Title: Re: New forum!!!
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on December 11, 2025, 11:46:09 AM
Oddly enough I wasn't able to change the theme. I think there was just one alternate and it wouldn't take. How hard is it to create a theme like the old one?

Also of note: The font in this text entry block is much darker (bolder) than the font used in the message threads. Could we switch the thread font to something that will give a little more contrast maybe?
Title: Re: New forum!!!
Post by: Scott Costanzo on December 11, 2025, 01:02:03 PM
Quote from: BlownMGB-V8 on December 11, 2025, 11:46:09 AMOddly enough I wasn't able to change the theme. I think there was just one alternate and it wouldn't take. How hard is it to create a theme like the old one?

Also of note: The font in this text entry block is much darker (bolder) than the font used in the message threads. Could we switch the thread font to something that will give a little more contrast maybe?
Jim,

Did you press the "Change Profile" button at the very bottom after you made the theme change?

Scott 
Title: Re: New forum!!!
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on December 11, 2025, 02:18:55 PM
Ah! That did it. Once again I'm the default test dummy, but someone has to do it.

Any ideas on that font? I'm not the only one who finds it harder to read.

Jim
Title: Re: New forum!!!
Post by: MGBV8 on December 13, 2025, 01:46:48 PM
Quote from: 88v8 on December 11, 2025, 05:09:13 AMAlso, I don't see the pics any more. Perhaps that's because I'm on W7, my bad... but is there anything I can do from my end?

Try it again Philip. The default was to see attachments, one had to be logged in.  I have changed that.
Title: Re: New forum!!!
Post by: MGBV8 on December 13, 2025, 01:50:07 PM
Quote from: BlownMGB-V8 on December 11, 2025, 02:18:55 PMAny ideas on that font? I'm not the only one who finds it harder to read.


Nope. I do not care for it, either.  It is the default that comes with the forum Template theme.

Working on it. It is not that user friendly.  Can't just click a box & change the font & size.
Title: Re: New forum!!!
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on December 13, 2025, 02:54:28 PM
Thanks Carl. Maybe it's a default in the code. I wouldn't have a clue where to look except that the  one in the text entry window is much better. I'd guess for someone who knew where to look it wouldn't be a big deal.

Jim
Title: Re: New forum!!!
Post by: MGBV8 on December 13, 2025, 05:22:23 PM
Found it.  Had to find it in the CSS code.  Then, figure out what to change.
Changed the font to "Helvetica Neue" & increased the size.
Like this better?
Title: Re: New forum!!!
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on December 14, 2025, 08:25:14 AM
Yes, that's a big improvement. Heck of a job you're doing there. Atta Boy!!  ;)

Jim
Title: Re: New forum!!!
Post by: 88v8 on December 21, 2025, 11:38:27 AM
Quote from: MGBV8 on December 13, 2025, 05:22:23 PMFound it.  Had to find it in the CSS code.  Then, figure out what to change.
Changed the font to "Helvetica Neue" & increased the size.
Like this better?
Spiffing  ;D