BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: MGB SS on February 03, 2009, 09:06:31 PM

Title: Problems with long re-ply computer locks up
Post by: MGB SS on February 03, 2009, 09:06:31 PM
Does anybody else have a problem with there Computer locking up when trying to post a couple of paragraphs?

I beleive that this is the only site or program that I have problems with.   Maybe Curtiss, has this set up this way to keep me short winded :)

I am sure it is something with the way my computer is set up or how my internet is set up but it is getting old, any thoughts or ideas.

I would elaborate but I cant without saving and editing several times.

Joe
Title: Re: Problems with long re-ply computer locks up
Post by: Moderator on February 03, 2009, 09:21:11 PM
This is the first time I've heard of it.

Joe, can you let me know more about your system so I can try to replicate the problem? Operating system, web browser (name and revision level), and anything else you might think of. What do you have to do to get the system working again? (Do you have to reboot, or just close the web browser, or...)
Title: Re: Problems with long re-ply computer locks up
Post by: MGB SS on February 03, 2009, 10:03:02 PM
Curtis

My operating system is XP and I run on Internet explorer not sure of a version,  I have to close the Browser to remedy.

I believe that it is this computer now that I have played a little more  My laptop doesn't seem to do it.

Don't spend to much time on it I will get this computer checked out.

Thanks

Joe
Title: Re: Problems with long re-ply computer locks up
Post by: MGBV8 on February 21, 2009, 09:19:14 AM
Type it out in Word, then copy & paste.
Title: Re: Problems with long re-ply computer locks up
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on February 21, 2009, 09:44:33 AM
Joe, try a different browser. Firefox is good and there's a new one, forget the name, but supposed to be even faster.

Jim
Title: Re: Problems with long re-ply computer locks up
Post by: MGB SS on March 06, 2009, 08:22:24 PM
I had a bad Turbo.......(fan)    I have also switched over to Fire Fox Everything is GOOOOOD

Joe
Title: Re: Problems with long re-ply computer locks up
Post by: kstevusa on March 06, 2009, 08:29:29 PM
Joe, I suspected the new B.S. Filter  in the new Mozilla Update!  
SAFETY FASTER
Title: Re: Problems with long re-ply computer locks up
Post by: MGB SS on March 07, 2009, 05:30:23 PM
B.S. Filter

That's what I figured it was in the first place.  I thought Curtis had found a way to keep a select few of us:

QUIET............:)

But after seeing this EuroSunday  stuff on here I figure maybe Curtis has Less control  than I thought.

Joe
Title: Re: Problems with long re-ply computer locks up
Post by: MGBV8 on March 08, 2009, 12:23:33 AM
:)