BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: Brs5280 on May 23, 2022, 08:54:10 AM

Title: 1” brake master cylinder conversion
Post by: Brs5280 on May 23, 2022, 08:54:10 AM
Has anyone done the conversion to the Wilwood 1" master cylinder that was described by Larry Shrimp in his article on the site?  He leaves a gasket off and I'm curious if anyone has had long term experience with this approach.  Also, I'd like to get clarification on the adapters and brake line that are used.  Thanks for any information.
Title: Re: 1” brake master cylinder conversion
Post by: mgb260 on May 23, 2022, 11:11:10 AM
I'd PM Larry.
Title: Re: 1” brake master cylinder conversion
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on May 23, 2022, 01:28:04 PM
I like the late MGB MC better but everything depends on which pedal box you have and what calipers.

Jim
Title: Re: 1” brake master cylinder conversion
Post by: Brs5280 on May 23, 2022, 03:50:09 PM
Thanks.  I am switching to the Wilwood big brake and like the idea of a firmer pedal from the larger MC. The brakes on my 1977 are soft with a long travel before braking occurs. It will probably only get worse with the larger calipers.

 I PM'd Larry a while ago, hopefully I hear from him.
Title: Re: 1” brake master cylinder conversion
Post by: mstemp on May 24, 2022, 01:03:03 AM
I think Larry changed brake setups again and is running a dual 7" booster and 1 1/8" MC.
Title: Re: 1” brake master cylinder conversion
Post by: MGBV8 on May 24, 2022, 09:28:43 AM
Larry switched to another Wilwood MC that would mate to his new 7" dual booster, but it is still a 1" MC.  Or was as of August 2019.

http://forum.britishv8.org/read.php?7,64529,page=3