BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: johnsfolly on February 21, 2022, 09:08:25 AM

Title: eBay B-V8 top dollar
Post by: johnsfolly on February 21, 2022, 09:08:25 AM
I'm sure you guys know this car but I have never seen it. Glen Towery conversion, unattractive bonnet. Nice mechanicals with the right bits and pieces, I think.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373941543317?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11021.m43.l3160&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=0ba9e728bb89452eb4619bc73895bfd5&bu=43192948761&ut=RU&osub=-1%7E1&crd=20220221013817&segname=11021&sojTags=ch%3Dch%2Cbu%3Dbu%2Cut%3Dut%2Cosub%3Dosub%2Ccrd%3Dcrd%2Csegname%3Dsegname%2Cchnl%3Dmkcid
Title: Re: eBay B-V8 top dollar
Post by: 88v8 on February 22, 2022, 05:21:53 AM
Yes, $44,900 is strong money.

On the whole though it looks almost as if it could have come out of the factory on a (very) good day,  which is probably the best thing one can say about a conversion.

A flavour of the interior.

Binterior.jpg

And under the bonnet (which does look odd but it's the reflection of the lights) where one might nitpick at the tidiness of some of the plumbing and wiring, but heyho

Bunderbonnet.jpg

He has enough pics for BaT, will be interesting to see if it ends up there.

Ivor
Title: Re: eBay B-V8 top dollar
Post by: MGBV8 on February 22, 2022, 09:11:10 AM
Well, it is for sale by a dealer.  A dealer that wants top dollar for all of its inventory.
Title: Re: eBay B-V8 top dollar
Post by: rficalora on February 22, 2022, 09:42:52 AM
Strong money for sure.  But, car prices are crazy high right now and that is affecting our market too.  Probably not that much, but there is still a premium currently.
Title: Re: eBay B-V8 top dollar
Post by: MGBV8 on February 22, 2022, 10:24:12 AM
https://kurttannermotorcars.com/
Title: Re: eBay B-V8 top dollar
Post by: 1L-Loyd on February 22, 2022, 12:59:50 PM
This car was for sale in Virginia near me. I contacted the owner to ask some questions and set up a visit to take a look. I received a reply that he had someone interested and would contact me if an agreement to purchase could be finalized.
The car was for sale by owner for $19900! The photos on Tanners website looks like very little has been done other than some compounding and cleaning and a move from Virginia!
Maybe the owner was selling for a low price considering the upgrades done during the conversion to V8.
The inflated price is a sign of the times I guess!
Title: Re: eBay B-V8 top dollar
Post by: MGBV8 on February 22, 2022, 01:45:35 PM
Dealer pricing.
Title: Re: eBay B-V8 top dollar
Post by: waldog99 on March 20, 2022, 09:02:37 PM
Looks like it sold!
Title: Re: eBay B-V8 top dollar
Post by: Moderator on March 21, 2022, 02:29:23 PM
Did you folks notice this car is equipped with the Frontline Developments suspension? The four-link is particularly well photographed.

Different topic:  the ad says the color is MG's Mallard Green, but I think photos show a different color than Mallard. Am I right?
Title: Re: eBay B-V8 top dollar
Post by: MGBV8 on March 21, 2022, 09:53:13 PM
I certainly noticed the front suspension.

They say Mallard Green is difficult to photograph. A blue-green that seems to change with the lighting.  Here's another one.  Looks blue to me.

https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1403532
Title: Re: eBay B-V8 top dollar
Post by: waldog99 on March 22, 2022, 12:28:51 PM
The  Frontline kit is cool, but I still prefer the FastCars IFS.  

The pics look blue.  The guy doing the YouTube video actually says "Mallard Blue" at one point and "Bluey Green."  LOL!  Tough color indeed!
Title: Re: eBay B-V8 top dollar
Post by: Mickey Richaud on March 22, 2022, 07:18:46 PM
Looks like teal blue to me.

And by the way, not to pick nits, but the official name of the shade of green is "Green Mallard" rather than "Mallard Green".