BritishV8 2022 will return to the southwestern Virginia mountains June 12-15th. Host hotel is the Days Inn. We will be following the format Kelly used the last time with a few variations. Registration and reservation details will be coming to this site as we progress.
We plan to be there. Looking forward to both old and new friends. See Ya!
Dan. I plan on attending.
7 Dogs Pub and now & 7 Sisters Pub too. What Time? Beer30
Looking forward to it!
Here is more dragon anatomy to explore. Nice article on the page about Wytheville's "Claw of the Dragon" if you scroll down.
https://www.headofthedragonwv.com/
If anyone is interested in reliving the Tail Of The Dragon ride through my YouTube video, go to YouTube and search under my name, Marc Goldfarb. I have the ride the group did on Friday plus the two rides I did on Saturday along with the moonshiner 28 ride that I did.
Days Inn is taking reservations for our meet. Call 276-228-5500 and make sure to request BritishV8 for our rate of $50+tax per night. They are also offering to extend the rate if you want to stay longer. We have blocked 50 rooms at that rate but should be able to expand that if necessary.
GREAT! The countdown has begun. Wytheville is waiting.
Hotel reservation made!!! Can't wait to see everyone.
Alrighty gang, looks like the Ficalora crew will be rolling in to Wytheville two-deep this year!
There's still a good ways to go before my car is roadworthy, but as of this past Sunday I can finally say that IT...IS...ALIVE!!!
First Start Up - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwKVMrfpbSQ
Quick Walk Around - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIXGSv5306A
Will be great to check it out, Drew!
For those not aware, bringing a British V8 to the event is not required. I drove my 4 cyl, '79 MGB to the Annapolis, MD event in 1998 & Champaign, IL1999. Drove my dad's original owner '63 B to the Cleveland, OH event in 2000. Finally drove my V8 conversion to Sebring, FL in 2001.
Just come enjoy the camaraderie! Like Drew has in the past.
Looking forward to it with my 4 cyl. 74B roadster. Hotel is booked. Very nice lady on the phone that took the reservation.
I'm in! I'll probably represent the stock 4 cyl MGB contingent again this year.
Hey Bill. It will be nice having some stock 4 cylinder company😊
Yeah Bill, got time to do a "HANDLEBAR" for this met?
He just cut it down, Kelly.
Yeah Bill, got time to do a "HANDLEBAR" for this met?
Well Kelly, I might have time, but probably won't grow it back. I just shaved it off last week; the wife prefers the 'clean" look!
Bill, you are welcome w/o facial hair also. Look fwd to seeing ALL of the group.
Just made reservations at the Days Inn, check in June 11, check out on June 16. Still had rooms at the BritishV8 rate. Looking forward to seeing you guys there!
Cindy likes the 'stach...I have proof!
BillandCindy.png
As usual, Scott and I will be there! He made our room reservations too.
Dreama and I will be there!
That was a long time ago Graham! She does look happy!
More info: Monday activities sponsored by Dr Mike Crews will include visiting his car collection,two local Princeton WV museums and a cookout. The War museum and the August Fruehauf museum. https://www.automotivehalloffame.org/honoree/august-
After Indiana's section-line topography, SW Virginia will be a hoot!
Hope to make it.
I'll be there. Looking forward to seeing all of ya!
Alan Moor is finishing up the touches on the online registration page. After some testing it should go live soon!
Registration is now live at https://britishv8meet.org/
Also use the links on the page to order regalia.
Registered for the 2022 British V8 Meet and ordered regalia too.
Registered and ordered regalia as well.
See you guys there!
Same here. Not sure if he's registered, but Andrew is planning on driving his car too.
OK......I'll bite.
What is the significance of the groundhog and the dot between the 2 and 22 in the 2022 British V8 logo?
2022wytheville-logo.png
We are having a Rodent BBQ. :)
Well, it's Wytheville version 2.0
Also known as the Groundhog Roundup
And a 22 is a varmint round. (Helps to prevent body damage to LBC's)
Jim
.222 or .223 Centerfire. My neighbor uses a .22-250 to rid his pastures of those pesky rodents.
I told him seems like the best solution is to drop a small hand grenade into the hole. :) With a dead groundhog in the hole, maybe another groundhog won't move in.
Just like Caddyshack?
The new resident will probably just eat the dead one pretty sure they're omnivores.
I used to use a .223 single shot rifle on my farm. Snuffed them out to 250 yards. Groundhogs and Coyotes are legal to shoot at any time of the year in Ohio, always open season.
I have never seen them eat anything but plants. Pretty sure they are not cannibals. :)
Back to Graham's question about the significance of the Groundhog, wasn't said animal at the center of attention at one of the several driving mishaps during the 2019 Wytheville meet?
Yes. Ken stopped for a groundhog. Daryl came around the corner & couldn't quite stop for Ken.
See pics of Ken Hiebert's TR6 & Daryl Siefert's Healey.
http://forum.britishv8.org/read.php?10,65106
... which is why a .22 varmint round helps reduce damage to LBC's.
Jim
I see what you did there! 😏
Registered and booked..!
See you there...
I hope to have some great driving routes borrowed from the Classic Minis United group that will also be back in Wytheville this year from April 6-9.
http://www.classicminis.org/mini63.htm
Days Inn is making extra nights available at our special rate in case you want to arrive early or stay after the meet. Our last event is the banquet Wednesday night, so most people will leave on Thursday, but you don't have to.
I ain't Skeered of no varmit groundhog. I'll be back for round 2.0. DDDDDDD
Monday, June 13 will feature a twisty drive over Big Walker Mountain and a stop at the overlook, then proceeding on US52 to West Virginia, crossing East River Mountain. We will end up in Princeton and be hosted by local car enthusiast Dr. Michael Crews for lunch and a tour of his collection. He has also arranged for free admission to the local railroad museum. We visited with him on Monday and Jim and I agreed that our group will love this visit!
Great job Guys, appears you all have a full slate of events for this Gathering. "ON READY"
Hello All! Looking forward to seeing everyone in June!
As you may remember, I tend to wander quite a bit on my way to the B V8 meets, and am considering driving a portion of the Blue Ridge Parkway this year. Any first-hand experience concerning traffic etc. that time of year?
Wander on the way? It's not on your way, Bill. ;)
As you may know, once into Virginia a ways (Afton Mountain) the Blue Ridge parkway turns into Skyline Drive.
Be prepared for a very slow and scenic drive. Slow as in always under 35 and frequently under 10, scenic as in all green leaves except for the infrequent overlooks. Plan a short route in case you feel the need to escape.
Jim
Bill does tend to circuitous routes.
It's worth mentioning here that I did call Curtis and discussed updating the "Meetings" page, which he agreed to "try." So far that has not happened so here again in the link to our online registration page, created by Alan Moor: https://britishv8meet.org/
Thanks for the info. I'm always looking for a nice drive, but not a parade. I'll check escape routes.
This year will probably be a little less wandering than 2015, when my trip from Springfield, MO to Indianapolis, IN was over 1800 miles, and the trip back was 450 miles!
wanting to attend, have my motel res, how can I register? thanks Howard
https://britishv8meet.org
when can we register?
Howard,
Registration is open 24-7. It's all online. If you want regalia you can order that online too. You'll be able to pick it up at the meet.
Phil
Bill, The Blueridge is not as bad as what Jim is portraying. True, the speed limit is 45 (not 35) but usually you can flow along better than that. If you are traveling during the week the traffic is not bad. Week ends will be congested around Asheville, but once clear of there you don't run through any other metro centers, so no real issues. Of course you'll have to deal with the occasional RV, but its usually pretty easy to dispatch of them. The section you'll be traveling actually has a fair number of overlooks. If I get caught in a train, I just pull over, get out and stretch for awhile. If you've never done it, then I'd say give it a try. I think you'll enjoy it.
Not knowing anything about the border crossing restrictions, are any of our Canadian friends planning to attend the meet?
QuoteNot knowing anything about the border crossing restrictions, are any of our Canadian friends planning to attend the meet?
Gord and I, & Frank and Barb, (and maybe others) have our rooms booked but are waiting 'til the eleventh hour to register just in case of Covid related border crossing issues.
..Hope things fall into place before June.
Thanks Daryl! My plans are pretty flexible, so 45ish mph pace will be ok for a while. I'm old enough to want to see stuff while I still can.
"the speed limit is 45 (not 35)"
There are a few spots where it is less than 45. Most of the northern part in Virginia known as Skyline Drive is 35.
If on I-81 north of Roanoke there are a couple of sections of Skyline drive where it is easy to jump over to & enjoy jump right back on I-81.
Just booked a room for the V8 Meet in Wytheville.
Only 8 rooms left in our reserved block.
Reposting link for registration:
https://britishv8meet.org/
Get your regalia orders in by May 22 to save shipping charges and pick it up at the meet in Wytheville.
Unoffical Group dinner at The Loghouse planned for around 5:390 pm on Tuesday pm. Group will be quizzed on Sunday Pizza outing to gat number. Great food as usual.
Hi everyone,
I just reserved my room and will be there sometime Monday morning. I will be driving a very unique vehicle. It's a 1958 Austin Taxi with an inline six Ford engine and automatic transmission. I did not do the conversion but bought it like that. I got it about 2 weeks ago in LA. (lower Alabama). It will be a slow trip from Raleigh as the car has mechanical brakes and I'll be taking mostly the back roads. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there! I'm curious, how many others of you will be driving RHD cars?
Michael Crane
1.jpg
2.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
" I got it about 2 weeks ago in LA. (lower Alabama)."
That is where I was born, in the "Heart of Dixie"! :)
"That is where I was born, in the "Heart of Dixie"! :)"
Good to hear that Carl. My dad was from Dixie Georgia, a little community in south Ga. You know what they say: Have your heart in Dixie or get your donkey out! (right Carl?)
Thanks to Dan & Jim for presenting a GREAT V8 Meet in Wytheville, Va. Appears all have a great time making new friends and meeting old friends. KUDOS