BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: Rog on May 05, 2020, 11:39:08 PM

Title: Ted Lathrop
Post by: Rog on May 05, 2020, 11:39:08 PM
I don't know if everyone has heard, but I just received an email from Judy Lathrop that Ted passed away earlier this
year.  I was saddened by the news.  

Roger Haber
Title: Re: Ted Lathrop
Post by: IaTR6 on May 06, 2020, 11:12:11 AM
I visited Ted a number of years ago at his home/shop. I was interested in a V8 swap, and had read Dan Master's descriptions,
and about Ted's chassis. Dan's TR6 (unfinished) was in the shop, and I looked it over. Ted suggested I buy it, but I was interested in
the process from start to finish, doing it myself. (add that to the pile of "what were you thinking?")
Ted offered to let me drive his car, and I did! I was then, and remain, flabbergasted by his generosity. I wish he had been my neighbor,
I would have learned many things that would have saved me many instances of #$%^&!
My sympathy to Judy, and may he rest in peace.
Dennis
Title: Re: Ted Lathrop
Post by: MGBV8 on May 06, 2020, 12:26:21 PM
The news went out mostly via word of mouth.  Ted had many friends here & throughout the auto enthusiast community.  He was a kind & generous soul that will sorely be missed.