BritishV8 Forum

General Category => Triumph Sports Cars => Topic started by: 74ls1tr6 on January 10, 2009, 12:45:42 PM

Title: Spreading the hobby to next generation.
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on January 10, 2009, 12:45:42 PM
My son wanted a Truimph of some sort, so we were able to pick up this 73 Spitfire in fairly good condition for a great price. We were test driving after we installed all new front suspension kit, and KYB shocks. Who ever installed those mirrors are absolutely useless where they are, But Nick will take care of that I'm sure. I found a good place for all my performance parts that I was going to use for my build, that I can't use now(LS1). Alot are interchangeable parts like oil bypass, roller rocker arms, uprated coil etc.

So needless to say, Nick might use his engineering schooling to modify this spity. Spreading the illness as Don W would say and well put to the next generation. Get those kids away from the video games.

Decphotos08009.jpg


Decphotos08008.jpg


Decphotos08007.jpg


jan09001.jpg
Title: Re: Spreading the hobby to next generation.
Post by: Moderator on January 10, 2009, 01:29:41 PM
Lucky kid! Can you adopt me?
Title: Re: Spreading the hobby to next generation.
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on January 11, 2009, 10:05:11 AM
Yes! Adopted with it's time and a new year for donations. Lucky kid! That's what I keep on telling Nick.

I believe everyone is enjoying this site, as much as I do, and appreciate all your hard work/dedication Curtis.

Trevor my other son didn't go british. He went German with a  custom VW 73 super bug, lowered, shaved door handles with/poppers etc, was owned by a body shop owner. Oh well I'm sure he can be converted once we get him to a  BV8 get together.

I was checking where the next one was held (BV8), 2700 some odd miles one way for us in CA. Would like to attend this year if possible.

Taught my kids to save money.

This photo is not "British". I guess the "bling" factor got him.

jan09008.jpg