BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: IaTR6 on March 26, 2019, 10:41:36 PM

Title: Iowa flooding
Post by: IaTR6 on March 26, 2019, 10:41:36 PM
For those of you who attended the (I think) 2013 V8 meet in Omaha, there was a trip to Pacific Junction, Iowa to the
Racecourse of the Midlands. I recall seeing the video of Calvin and his TR6 playing Emmerson Fittipaldi and doing a fine imitation. Well, look at the Facebook post of the latest event-flooding! The resurrection of the course is apparently in doubt.
Another loss to the car community if it occurs.
Dennis.
Title: Re: Iowa flooding
Post by: MGBV8 on March 30, 2019, 10:41:13 AM
Wow.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/27079/popular-iowa-race-track-and-drag-strip-under-14-feet-of-water-amid-record-midwest-flooding

First I have heard it called that, Dennis.  I had only heard Mid-America Motorplex.

Calvin was brutally fast down the straights, but I had 'em all in the corners.  ;)
Title: Re: Iowa flooding
Post by: IaTR6 on March 30, 2019, 10:53:08 AM
Carl, You are correct on the name of the course, Pacific Auction is the little town nearby. Or, it was nearby,
flooding up to the eaves of ranch style houses. There is a possibility the town will no longer exist.
Dennis
Title: Re: Iowa flooding
Post by: MGBV8 on March 30, 2019, 12:41:51 PM
The link I put up that shows the track flooded also  uses the name you did.   "Raceway Park of the Midlands is now an inland sea."
Title: Re: Iowa flooding
Post by: mowog1 on April 03, 2019, 06:00:39 PM
Pete and I were in Mount Pleasant, IA (just west of Burlington) on Sunday.....no flooding there (yet) but the Mississippi is indeed high.