BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: NAS1966 on August 09, 2018, 05:28:04 PM

Title: how to take pics below 600Mb
Post by: NAS1966 on August 09, 2018, 05:28:04 PM
I have a Canon PowerShot 170IS camera  most pics are above 600Mb  How do you guys take pictures ?
Title: Re: how to take pics below 600Mb
Post by: rficalora on August 09, 2018, 05:39:47 PM
I take pics at whatever the max my camera or phone supports.  To post pics here, I 1st resize using an app called "photo and picture resizer" if doing it on my (Android) phone.  And if doing it on my PC, I Google for a "free picture resizer" and use one of the free services that show in the results to do the same thing over the internet.
Title: Re: how to take pics below 600Mb
Post by: mowog1 on August 09, 2018, 07:15:52 PM
I use Irfranview to resize....a downloadable freeware for my PC.
Title: Re: how to take pics below 600Mb
Post by: Dan B on August 10, 2018, 08:34:44 AM
You can also email them to yourself.  The iPhone email app asks if you want small, medium, large or original size and gives the estimated MB size.
Title: Re: how to take pics below 600Mb
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on August 10, 2018, 03:52:44 PM
Lots of cameras have an option for the size/resolution that's labeled as being for email. That's what I use.

Jim
Title: how to take pics below 600Mb
Post by: NAS1966 on August 11, 2018, 11:44:50 AM
 -- moved topic --
Title: Re: how to take pics below 600Mb
Post by: 88v8 on August 13, 2018, 03:45:49 AM
I guess you mean 600kb lol

My camera, which is sixteen years old now, takes pics around 2mb.

For posting on forums with size limits below that, I could link to Photobucket in which case there is no need to resize, or I might resize using the Microsoft editor in Pictures on my PC, or the editor in my (free) photo editing software which is Olympus Camedia.
https://olympus-camedia-master.updatestar.com/

Ivor
Title: Re: how to take pics below 600Mb
Post by: Preform Resources on August 20, 2018, 12:59:23 PM
I too have a Powershot I open and modify my pics with  microsoft office picture manager.
Dave
Title: Re: how to take pics below 600Mb
Post by: svomgb on September 17, 2018, 03:01:49 PM
Open the picture in Microsoft Paint. Resize is one of the options.