BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: NAS1966 on August 03, 2018, 09:26:34 PM

Title: News Letter ?
Post by: NAS1966 on August 03, 2018, 09:26:34 PM
I am seeing reference to a news letter - how can I get one?
Title: Re: News Letter ?
Post by: rficalora on August 03, 2018, 09:38:24 PM
Hi Norbert,

The history is that back in the early '90s, there used to be a newsletter in paper form that was mailed out.  When Curtis took over he continued the newsletter for a while.  But, everything is electronic now and on this site.  He did digitize all of the old newsletters he could get his hands on; they can be found here (almost all are accounted for)...  http://www.britishv8.org/British-V8-Back-Issues.htm

I will say it is WAY easier to do a swap now with the web forums (this one and MGE).  The guys who did their swaps before info could be shared so readily really pioneered and paved the way for the rest of us.
Title: News Letter ?
Post by: NAS1966 on August 04, 2018, 12:26:46 PM
 -- moved topic --
Title: Re: News Letter ?
Post by: MGBV8 on August 04, 2018, 12:41:54 PM
The MG V-8 Newsletter was subscription based.  It was started by Kurt Schley in 1993.   It was renamed British V8 Newsletter when it was handed off to Dan Masters in 2001.  James Jewel was Editor/Publisher from 2004-2006.

Curtis Jacobson agreed to take the reins at the 2006 British V8 Meet in Townsend, TN.  There, he presented his vision for a free web based internet version of the newsletter.  He did not do a printed version.

The rest is history.

Everyone can help keep this site alive & active by using it.    Let's not let this site flounder & disappear!
Title: Re: News Letter ?
Post by: lawnvett on August 04, 2018, 02:18:40 PM
ditto what Carl said
Title: Re: News Letter ?
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on August 06, 2018, 11:55:46 AM
A few of the old-timers also have sets of the original newsletters. I'm not sure how many that would be but I know of a few. Some more complete than others. The numbering system for the issues was a little erratic which makes it kinda hard to tell if they are all there. Bear in mind the early meets were a resounding success when the car count went over a dozen.

Jim
Title: Re: News Letter ?
Post by: MGB SS on August 09, 2018, 09:42:06 PM
I still have some of the old newsletters but I am not an OLD TIMER like Jim
Title: Re: News Letter ?
Post by: MGBV8 on August 09, 2018, 10:11:45 PM
I have them all......somewhere.
Title: Re: News Letter ?
Post by: britcars on August 09, 2018, 11:42:58 PM
Carl said a few posts back that...{Everyone can help keep this site alive & active by using it. Let's not let this site flounder & disappear!}

Another way to help keep this site alive is by making a donation to support the work that Curtis does.

http://www.britishv8.org/Contributions.htm