Maybe a bit early, but check your calendars!
October 4-7 at the Talley Ho Inn. Some rooms are blocked, but if you're coming, make reservations soon! Most of you know the drill; if not, ask. Details from last year's meet, including contact info for the Talley Ho here: http://forum.britishv8.org/read.php?10,59526
Hamburgers, etc. at our house on Friday evening. More details as we get closer.
Mickey
Got it Mickey, look fwd to your event! Thanks.
Thanks for bringing this up Mickey...I had forgotten to make reservations this year since I missed last year due to illness. Just made my ressies and look forward to seeing you and Janet..and the rest of the gang in October!
Booked
Perky and charles
Be sure to mention British V8/6 meet.
British GT = British Gathering in Townsend
<British GT = British Gathering in Townsend>
I like it Carl! Has a good ring to it!
or simply
BGT!
Booked.
Wait, are roadsters allowed ;)
Walk, run, drive, or fly, Rob. It's all allowed. Mike Maloney drove BMW a couple of times. I may ride my Harley. ;)
Determined to make it with the V8 BGT this fall.
Gettin' close!
We're going to host a cookout at our house in Townsend on Saturday evening again this year, and need a count. Plans are for burgers and hot dogs with all the fixin's, corn and black bean salsa, cheese dip and beans. We'll have plenty of water and ice - probably iced tea. Please bring whatever other beverage you want. And for those who've never been to Townsend, beer is available at the local grocery store and convenience stores, and there is a winery in town that has some pretty good choices - mostly sweeter variety, though their cabernet (when available) is not bad, and they also have a decent reisling. Otherwise, you can pick up most anything you want in Maryville.
Cost will be $10 each, as last year. Pre-payment is fine - P.O. Box 808, Townsend TN 37882 - or you can pay when you get here. Please let me know if you can join us - looking forward to seeing everyone!
Mickey
Thanks Mickey and Janet for hosting another Oct. Party for our group. Count Sandy & I in as attending.
Kay and I are in...btw...I have very high and specific standards for the wine I consume...it must be red...
Knew you were a connoisseur...
Mike, you guys sound like us... We have this on a wall in our kitchen...
IMG_20180731_220303-600x800.jpg
Do to a scheduling conflict Marilyn & Myself will be unable to attend this Annual Fall Gathering.
I have just cancelled our reservations at Talley Ho Inn incase someone needs to book a room.
Merv
Sorry to hear that, Merv!
Put me down for a burger, Mickey.
Merv - Guess you'll have to wait to go "waaay up there"....
Mickey really going to miss seeing you an Janet as it is always a great gathering at your house.
I guess that the next time we will be getting together will be at WITHVILLE for British V8 2019
WYTHEVILLE Merv, It just sound like Withville, We will miss you & Marilyn also!
Mickey and Janet, you know we will be there.
Perk and self likt ta nver learnt to say Blytheville, AR, its Blivaal.
Kelly it's good to know that I'm not the only one that can't speak SOUTHERN.
But Merv....you know Townsend takes precedence over all other activites...besides that...won't you miss our inane banter???
I am planning on attending.
Jim Miller
Mary and I are planning to attend
I expect to be there.
Jim
Jean and I will be there.
I've sent Mickey and Janet a check for Saturday night's activities at their home.
How about you?!
Got the check today, Rick - thanks!
David Terhune will be attending also. David attended last year and is gathering parts to do a V6 conversion on his 72 GT.
Jim -
Is David coming to the cookout, or just to the meet?
Yes David Terhune will be coming to the cookout.
Will be updating a list of those who've confirmed for the Friday evening cookout at our home. So far:
Kelly & Sandy Stevenson
Mike & Kay Maloney
Carl Floyd
Charles & Perky Long
Paul & Mary Schils
Jim Miller
Jim Blackwood
Rick & Jean Ingram
David Terhune
Robert & Dream Milks
See you here!
Mickey
Margaret and Steve DeGroat will be there also.
Steve
Mike Moor said to count him in for the cookout. I am not sure about the rest of the Moors
Count me in for the cookout also.
Good day British V8 forum. Just wanted to let you know that the wife and I will be attending, arriving on 10/4 and departing on 10/7. If there are plans for the afternoon of the 7th please let us know so we can modify reservations to leave on 10/8. We also plan on attending the dinner on Friday night and will pay when we get there. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
Ed Witt
Please disregard the above. Due to a family illness which will be taking us up north we will be unable to attend. :( Hope all of you have a great time and hope we can make it next year.
Is there a way to close this thread for updates??? I just get more jealous every time someone says they're going!!
I know Rob. It is truly a great time with great people. Really wish there was some way for me to go. Next year for sure, it's been too long.
Don't feel too bad, Merv has advised he has other commitments also. We'll miss you all! Perhaps we can have a TOAST for all who we unable to attend? :-)
Sounds like a very good idea! Dickel any one?
Drink at least 2 for me.
I'm close enough to retirement to smell it... just not close enough to taste it!!
Good Idea YES! We'll T A P (tip a Dickel) for the Brother that will not be able to attend. RIP??? :-)
FRIDAY EVENING COOKOUT ATTENDEES
The list so far:
Kelly & Sandy Stevenson
Mike & Kay Maloney
Carl Floyd
Charles & Perky Long
Paul & Mary Schils
Jim Miller
Jim Blackwood
Rick & Jean Ingram
David Terhune
Robert & Dream Milks
Margaret & Steve DeGroat
Dan Masters
Mike Moor
Ed Witt
George Dickel
Jim Beam
Micky Richaud, I had modified my previous post saying that a family illness had come up which will prevent us from attending the Gathering which means we're also still not new able to attend the dinner. 😣 Sorry you did not see that. We will miss you all and hope everyone has fun during the Gathering.
Thanks, Ed, and all good thoughts to you and yours.
Please do not let those last two attendees drive!!!
No Way, they are between 6 and 12 yrs. old anyway :-)
Wow! Just read through this thread and I'm confused. (State I live in...) I started out with the cookout announcement for Friday night. Then it was listed for Saturday; then Friday again. Last year's cookout was Friday, so just to be clear, it will be on Friday.
OK, now for a little news that may be of interest: Townsend finally has a pub! It's called The Abbey and it's located near Miss Lily's restaurant (which is now closed and only does catering). Cool thing is that it's in the former Wedding Chapel next to Miss Lily's - a great venue for this Episcopal priest to partake of all sorts of "spirits"! They only serve beer and ale now, but have a pretty nice selection. There's also plenty of food choices to go along - mostly appetizers like soft pretzels and beer cheese dip, pita breads, chicken wings, etc. The same folks that own Miss Lily's (which was a great place) own this, so quality is very good. The owners and their families are also involved in a few wineries in the area, so maybe they'll expand their offerings. Janet and I checked it out yesterday before a Ceilidh concert at the Heritage Center, and it put us in the proper mood to enjoy the fiddles and bagpipes! It's on the river on Depot Road, which intersects the parkway at the Subway restaurant. Open Thursday-Sunday and offers live music. Don't think there's a website yet, but here's their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Local-Business/Townsend-Abbey-1836190153070124/
See y'all soon!
Mickey
Thought I would help out here a little and make it easier for our old eyes to read.....( grin ) :
*****************************************************************************************************************************************
OK, now for a little news that may be of interest: Townsend finally has a pub! It's called The Abbey and it's located near Miss Lily's restaurant (which is now closed and only does catering).
Cool thing is that it's in the former Wedding Chapel next to Miss Lily's - a great venue for this Episcopal priest to partake of all sorts of "spirits"! They only serve beer and ale now, but have a pretty nice selection.
There's also plenty of food choices to go along - mostly appetizers like soft pretzels and beer cheese dip, pita breads, chicken wings, etc. The same folks that own Miss Lily's (which was a great place) own this, so quality is very good.
The owners and their families are also involved in a few wineries in the area, so maybe they'll expand their offerings. Janet and I checked it out yesterday before a Ceilidh concert at the Heritage Center, and it put us in the proper mood to enjoy the fiddles and bagpipes! It's on the river on Depot Road, which intersects the parkway at the Subway restaurant.
Open Thursday-Sunday and offers live music. Don't think there's a website yet, but here's their Facebook page: [www.facebook.com]
***************************************************************************************************************************************
And don't forget....if you plan on attending the cookout at Mickey and Janet's on FRIDAY night.....Cost will be $10 each, as last year.
Pre-payment is fine -
MIckey Richaud - P.O. Box 808 - Townsend TN 37882 -
or you can pay when you get here. Please let Mickey know if you can join us - looking forward to seeing everyone!
Gettin' close - just a couple weeks away! Here's the current list for the cookout -
Kelly & Sandy Stevenson
Mike & Kay Maloney
Carl Floyd
Charles & Perky Long
Paul & Mary Schils
Jim Miller
Jim Blackwood
Rick & Jean Ingram
David Terhune
Robert & Dreama Milks
Margaret & Steve DeGroat
Dan Masters
Mike Moor
Rich & Lorna Moor
We want to be sure we have enough, so if you want to join us, let me know!
Mickey
Looks like the weather's going to be great! 10-20% chance of rain; otherwise partly cloudy. See y'all soon!
https://screenshots.firefox.com/a6ftubN2EzLmRx5F/weather.com
I never trust Weather.com Bring a jacket, might be a bit cooler than that.
https://www.weatherbug.com/weather-forecast/10-day-weather/townsend-tn-37882
Y'all have fun! Wish I could be there. Another few years and maybe I'll be able to join you. Will be checking killboy for the pics ;)
Wish we could be there! Thoroughly enjoyed it last year and on our list of things to do again. Have fun!
Phil & Pam Ossinger
Hope everyone has a great time. Can't make it due to a conflict. Hope to be there next year. Just this past weekend I got my 'B project back on the road after 20 years.
What is everyone's ETA on Thursday?
We hope to arrive around 2pm. Plan to have dinner at Trailhead for Sandy's belated Birthday. Thursday is TRAVEL Day and rest up for Mickey's Gathering. Have any of you seen the weather photos of Calgary Ca? Looks to be 4-6" snow. Roger Haber maybe up to butt in snow :-) and we have high 80's.. I still plan to have a pair of LONG Pants so Mary won't have to buy me clothes if cold hits. See you all at Townsend.
Mike Moor and I are meeting in Richmond KY. We should arrive in Townsend Thursday between 4 and 5.
2:00 or thereabouts.
Early afternoon sometime?
Jim
I hope to get there about 3pm or so.
Kay and I have to take Murray the Cat to the vet for lodging in the morning and will not leave until @ 11AM....we should arrive in Townsend @6/7 pm. Kelly, my son Christian lives in downtown Calgary...he sent me this picture from his car yesterday..
3729.jpeg
See you all late this afternoon!
If anyone's interested, Janet and I are thinking about going to the Abbey Pub this evening - I mentioned it in a post above, but it's a wedding chapel that doubles as a pub. Limited food menu (but not bad), and craft beers and ales. At any rate, I'll see y'all later today!
Mickey
Thank you Mickey & Janice for a Great Time. Party was well attended, food was great along with the weather!
Was great seeing all of you again. Looking forward to next year!
Safe trip home for those leaving today.
Mickey
Does anyone have any photos that they can post?
I made it home at 8pm. Drove 1,442.6 miles this weekend. I will post some pictures tomorrow.
Some action shots from the Dragon Friday
https://xtremesportsphotography.photoreflect.com/store/thumbpage.aspx?e=10326014&g=0QAK036U0C
Here are some picture. Some I took and several are form others
Driving Tours
Friday we did a tour of the Dragon via the Foothills Parkway, traffic was light. We had heard roomers of increased police patrols and did see one motor cycle officer pulling someone over. After the Dragon we has lunch at Fontana Village. We headed back via the Dragon and Foothills Parkway where traffic was heavier. We had 7 cars on the tour and a good time was had by all. There is a link above to pictures taken by one of the professional photographers on the dragon.
Saturday we did the the Cherohala Skyway. Charles and Perky lead the way to Tellico Planes where we had lunch the Tellicaffe. After Lunch we entered the Cherohala Skyway from the Tennessee side and into North Carolina. We stopped at the Santeetlah summit of 5390 feet and drove by the Huckleberry knob summit of 5,560 but there was no room for us to park so we headed back. Overall traffic was light, the mountain air was cool and we all want to go back. We drove 200 mikes on Saturday and it seamed like 20.
1cd2eeeb-9552-48d2-8a05-d5b530dabe6e.JPG
56053954980__6799D02F-31E5-47DD-BDCF-D2BD6F2563A6.JPG
db9159f0-7de5-4dce-bd40-89aa671a6395.JPG
IMG_3257.jpg
IMG_3258.jpg
IMG_3281.jpg
IMG_3289.JPG
67791c45-e86b-446b-995c-2d222f607841.JPG
Other Pictures from Mickey's Friday evening
IMG_3269.jpg
IMG_3270.jpg
IMG_3271.jpg
IMG_3272.jpg
In the interest of putting a face to the postings and names, would it be appropriate for someone to identify who's who, say on the picnic table picture?
Thanks,
Dennis
Cherohala Skyway Pics 10-6-18
Move time slider to 3:25pm.
https://xtremesportsphotography.photoreflect.com/store/ThumbPage.aspx?e=10326422&g=0QAK036V01
Picnic table pic, back row standing L to R:
Terry Senneker, Mike Moor, Carl Floyd, Mike Maloney, Rick Ingram, Jim Miller
Middle row sitting L to R:
David Terhune , Jean Ingram, Jim Blackwood
Bottom row sitting on the bench:
Kay Maloney
Thanks Carl
Looking at the post below the picnic table one, the pic from Mickey's, I see Robert Milks, Carl Floyd, Dream Milks, Perky Long, Richard Moor, Mary Schills,Lorna Moor, Sandy and Kelly Stephenson, Alan Moor's girlfriend, Aurora and Al's leg.
Next picture, Kelly, Aurora and Al, two empty chairs (wish I could have filled one of those), Margaret and Steve DeGroat, my big brother Jim Blackwood, and Paul Schills.
Jim tells me I have to see Rick's GoPro footage. Will it be posted on Youtube perhaps?
Carl and Dan, Thanks for the names to go with the pictures, I will save them for reference.
I see teenage car nuts like me wearing adult clothes! For myself, I will always be 17, even if that was a VERY long time ago!
"No officer, I wasn't speeding. I was performing a scientific experiment to see if the speedometer would go all the way around"!
Dennis
Make that Dreama Milks. Al Moor's GF name is Aurora.
You are quite correct, Dennis. Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. We refuse to grow up! ;)
One more picture I found on my phone. This is form Cherohala Skyway Santeetlah summit. We drove through some sprinkles on the way up and you can see the dark clouds in the background.
IMG_2757.jpg