BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: 88v8 on May 04, 2018, 05:14:15 AM

Title: MGB + 305 SBC/T5
Post by: 88v8 on May 04, 2018, 05:14:15 AM
New build.
BaT auction. Not a place I associate with overly high prices.
Some interesting comments by the seller. Ride height....
Would I spend xxx hours building a car then drive it 250 miles and sell it? No way.... takes all sorts.

I see he didn't spend a lot of time painting the underneath bits. Not a show-queen, just get in and go.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1979-mg-mgb-7/?utm_source=dailymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2018-05-03

Ivor

Rubberbumperrideheight.jpg
Title: Re: MGB + 305 SBC/T5
Post by: MGBV8 on May 04, 2018, 11:00:54 AM
Couldn't give me a 305.  The crappiest SBC GM ever turned out.
Title: Re: MGB + 305 SBC/T5
Post by: GTplus on June 01, 2018, 04:18:44 PM
Yeah but Ivor can bolt a 350 to his existing 305 mounts, stroke it to a 383, and well........you know....hold on!
IMG_0323.JPG
Title: Re: MGB + 305 SBC/T5
Post by: Jim Stabe on June 01, 2018, 04:50:14 PM
Not sure its worth 11 grand