BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: 74ls1tr6 on May 31, 2017, 11:54:55 PM

Title: FYI..Waze app for Android, GPS, Maps & Traffic
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on May 31, 2017, 11:54:55 PM
Been using this app to travel with. Real time traffic accidents, where patrol cars have been spotted, where other Waze users are etc. It will let you know if there is something is in the road by other users of Waze. I think the app was made by the truckers.

Nice app to have when on the road. I use this app along with Google maps. Waze is updated before Google maps.

Safe travels!
Title: Re: FYI..Waze app for Android, GPS, Maps & Traffic
Post by: Dan B on June 01, 2017, 09:45:20 AM
I have been using Waze on my iPhone for a little over a year. It is really cool.  I use it commuting every day.
Title: Re: FYI..Waze app for Android, GPS, Maps & Traffic
Post by: Scott Costanzo on June 01, 2017, 10:18:01 AM
I've used it for several years as well. Ive even used it while walking around in the city to direct me to a restaurant or store.
Title: Re: FYI..Waze app for Android, GPS, Maps & Traffic
Post by: MGBV8 on June 01, 2017, 11:55:06 AM
Does it require full time data to function?
Title: Re: FYI..Waze app for Android, GPS, Maps & Traffic
Post by: Scott Costanzo on June 01, 2017, 12:27:26 PM
QuoteDoes it require full time data to function?

Yes
Title: Re: FYI..Waze app for Android, GPS, Maps & Traffic
Post by: Dan B on June 01, 2017, 12:43:20 PM
I am not sure that is true.  I think I have used it when I got out of coverage.  It has to get the maps from the server but doesn't the GPS function work like a Garmin or Tom Tom?
Title: Re: FYI..Waze app for Android, GPS, Maps & Traffic
Post by: Scott Costanzo on June 01, 2017, 02:55:27 PM
I lost the network while driving in northern Michigan for a while and it just sat there so i don't have any confidence in it without being connected. Maybe it's just me.
Title: Re: FYI..Waze app for Android, GPS, Maps & Traffic
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on June 01, 2017, 03:30:13 PM
Doesn't work on Windows phones.
Title: Re: FYI..Waze app for Android, GPS, Maps & Traffic
Post by: MGBV8 on June 01, 2017, 04:03:42 PM
No, it said Iphones & android devices.  I don't have a data plan, so it's not much help to me on the road.  May work great for pre-planning via wifi.
Title: Re: FYI..Waze app for Android, GPS, Maps & Traffic
Post by: Dan B on June 01, 2017, 06:11:46 PM
Might work different with iPhone vs Android, Sprint vs ATT vs Verizon, etc. too