BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: Jay on January 01, 2017, 01:41:50 PM

Title: Radiator cap
Post by: Jay on January 01, 2017, 01:41:50 PM
Hi,

    Hoping someone can help me out with this.  For my conversion, I'm looking for the radiator cap set-up like the one in the attached photo, where it integrates with a metal tube to connect the radiator and the engine outlet.  Does anyone know what this part is called and where I can find it (preferable in North America).


Thanks,
Jay
Radcap.jpg
Title: Re: Radiator cap
Post by: IaTR6 on January 01, 2017, 01:49:42 PM
Jay, I did a quick search, and found Jeg's part 53098, 1 1/2" inline radiator fill neck.
I'm sure other suppliers have similar items.
Dennis
Title: Re: Radiator cap
Post by: ex-tyke on January 01, 2017, 05:51:22 PM
Mine came from a '00 - '04 Dakota 4.7L engine.

enginecoolantcaps.jpg

Dorman sells the aftermarket equivalent (part # 902305) ........or from Gates (#32948K1)
Title: Re: Radiator cap
Post by: pspeaks on January 02, 2017, 01:20:16 AM
Jay, got mine from Speedway.  Part number 575-2202,  $23.99.