BritishV8 Forum

General Category => Triumph Sports Cars => Topic started by: dwtr6v8 on October 13, 2016, 02:18:05 PM

Title: Ride Shotgun at SPA 2016 in a TR6
Post by: dwtr6v8 on October 13, 2016, 02:18:05 PM
Get your belt on! Love this POV of racing! (with track data)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy1UryWzXzA
Title: Re: Ride Shotgun at SPA 2016 in a TR6
Post by: tbo on October 22, 2016, 08:24:49 PM
Hey Don .Thanks for posting that. Pretty neat stuff. That Mustang was hard to get by. Are they running in kilometers  or MPH? And also what kind of  trannny is he running do you think? Lots of weidr noises in the cockpit like stuff is wearing out as we watch . Neat though.
Title: Re: Ride Shotgun at SPA 2016 in a TR6
Post by: dwtr6v8 on October 24, 2016, 08:55:48 AM
Kilometers and I think a T5? I like the multiple data PIP, plus the rear view camera!
Title: Re: Ride Shotgun at SPA 2016 in a TR6
Post by: tbo on October 27, 2016, 08:05:04 PM
Hi Don. Thanks for replying I was thinking the speed was in K's since it was Europe.It took a while to recognize Spa from Formula One but Au Rouge finally showed up. Are you a FI enthusiast at all? The end of the season is a somewhat a forgone conclusion but one never knows. My favorite track  I think.
Title: Re: Ride Shotgun at SPA 2016 in a TR6
Post by: Richard/SIA on October 30, 2016, 02:35:53 AM
Not a T5 unless they are now available with strait cut gears.
Title: Re: Ride Shotgun at SPA 2016 in a TR6
Post by: dwtr6v8 on November 07, 2016, 11:15:00 AM
Good call on the T5 Richard, poor memory on my part.

Tim, I love road racing of all types. I used to work corners for SCCA, crew for Formula V, Super V, and Formula Ford so F1 is way out of my league.

Vintage racing, old courses, walking the pits, talking with the crews, taking photos, feeling the ground shake!
Title: Re: Ride Shotgun at SPA 2016 in a TR6
Post by: tr6turbo on November 07, 2016, 10:06:42 PM
G Force makes a straight cut gear set with dog rings and a higher torque rating for the T5.