BritishV8 Forum

General Category => Triumph Sports Cars => Topic started by: dwtr6v8 on November 14, 2008, 10:10:06 PM

Title: Christmas Ideas?
Post by: dwtr6v8 on November 14, 2008, 10:10:06 PM
This may sound strange but stay with me here.

Debi and I have a Christmas tradition where we select a letter from the alphabet and our gifts to each other must start with that letter.

This years it's "I", so I need some help people. (she will never look here on this forum)

A pic of my friend Ken's new hardtop as an early Christmas Gift.
kenny.jpg

"I" want one!

Chime In! (get it, chime, Christmas, alright I'll stop)
Title: Re: Christmas Ideas?
Post by: TR6-6SPD on November 15, 2008, 09:52:49 AM
For you, Debi can get you a bottle of Irish Whiskey.

For her, get her the Islands, all expenses paid trip for two to The Islands, Bora Bora that is, (hopefully she'll take you).
Title: Re: Christmas Ideas?
Post by: dwtr6v8 on November 16, 2008, 11:39:00 AM
Thanks,

One year the letter was "R" and I hocked everything and got her a Royal Caribbean Cruise.

I like the Irish whiskey tip and will drop the hint somehow.

I'm going to hock more stuff and get her some ICE. (Diamonds) because I just ordered a TR6 service book and she reminded me that I just broke the rules and purchased an "I" for myself.

An "instruction" manual

Keep the "Ideas" flowing!
Title: Re: Christmas Ideas?
Post by: alana on November 16, 2008, 05:38:26 PM
Not a flattering description, but the thought is there: a new idiot box (TV). Flatscreen of course...
Title: Re: Christmas Ideas?
Post by: dwtr6v8 on November 16, 2008, 09:45:01 PM
Alan,

I like your twisted thinking, this is what I need from people.

Off the wall "I"deas!

More "I"
Title: Re: Christmas Ideas?
Post by: mgb4tim on November 22, 2008, 07:10:15 PM
get her an Imp!


-Tim
Title: Re: Christmas Ideas?
Post by: dwtr6v8 on November 22, 2008, 10:44:15 PM
Debi is more into Jags. She wants a XK120, so I'm trying to stay away from the letter "J".

I like the direction you're going but not an IMP.
devimp_02.jpg

I'm searching for other cars that start with "I", besides and Chevy Impala.
Title: Re: Christmas Ideas?
Post by: alana on November 22, 2008, 11:44:58 PM
Isetta, (Morris) Ital, Isuzu, Iso, (Lamborghini) Islero

I'm sure there are more.
Title: Re: Christmas Ideas?
Post by: Dan B on November 24, 2008, 09:58:45 AM
Imperial
Infinity

International

Indy Race Car....

Indian

Apparently there is a Mini called an  Innocenti, listed in Hemmings:  www.foggspirits.com/gritahs/mini4sale/