BritishV8 Forum

General Category => Triumph Sports Cars => Topic started by: tycorace on November 10, 2008, 10:18:57 AM

Title: stag trailer
Post by: tycorace on November 10, 2008, 10:18:57 AM
I am going to build a trailer for my Stag using the tail section off my parts car .   I have no problem in building the trailer , but I am trying to come up with a front end for the trailer that will look unique ..  Any suggestions?
mark thompson
Title: Re: stag trailer
Post by: Bill Young on November 10, 2008, 10:41:46 AM
Mark, do you have any of the front sheet metal to spare as well? Most of the "car body" trailers I've seen looked best with either two rears or a front and rear joined over the wheel. The Stag has enough front overhang to match the rear pretty well, so the trailer would be both visually and physically well balanced.
Title: Re: stag trailer
Post by: dwtr6v8 on November 10, 2008, 10:03:50 PM
Mark,

I think Bill is talking about something like this.
DSC00016.JPG
DSC00017.JPG
DSC00018.JPG
Where you locate the mid arch of both the front and the rear sections. It might be harder with the Stag as you have a longer rear deck.
Send Pics when you start and progress.

How about a tandem axle?
tandum.jpg

Just kidding!
Title: Re: stag trailer
Post by: tycorace on November 11, 2008, 02:17:15 AM
I love it .  If anyone has a repaiorable nose and rf fender  I have enough parts to build one with a single wheel.trailer with a hood in the front and the deck lid in the rear.
mark  
keep those cards and letters coming.
Title: Re: stag trailer
Post by: Bill Young on November 11, 2008, 02:51:13 PM
I took Don's tandem one step farther, how's this for a target?
tandum.jpg
Title: Re: stag trailer
Post by: tycorace on November 11, 2008, 08:34:46 PM
That looks about what I did last night with them pri9jt out of ten twin axle trailer.  
but I got thinking about puting in a all wheel drive train in a shortened stag for auto crossing crazy?
Mark
Title: Re: stag trailer
Post by: mgb4tim on November 22, 2008, 08:58:23 PM
like this...
stag.jpg
Title: Re: stag trailer
Post by: Dan B on November 24, 2008, 10:01:11 AM
I guess the feet are holding it up.
Title: Re: stag trailer
Post by: jblanchard@hcpg.net on November 24, 2008, 04:19:33 PM
Mark,

I'm in the midst of a trailer project for a MGA.  I found a rusted out "A" and did some downsizing.  Hopefully, from the rear it will look like an orginal MGA except for the paint which will match my custom...

Jeb
0727Sideopen.JPG
frontviewtrailer.jpg
Title: Re: stag trailer
Post by: BMC on November 24, 2008, 10:37:12 PM
Jeb, this is one of the neatest MGA trailers I have seen to date. Do you have any more pictures of it?

-BMC.
Title: Re: stag trailer
Post by: Moderator on November 25, 2008, 03:10:47 PM
Looks like a great idea for a BritishV8 magazine article...
Title: Re: stag trailer
Post by: tycorace on December 07, 2008, 07:23:01 AM
I talked to a guy near me who has to stag parts cars one sounds like it would  make a very good 2 axle trailer I may fin out in a week or two if that will work out will keep you in formed.
Mark
Title: Re: stag trailer
Post by: tycorace on January 29, 2009, 11:43:36 AM
Well in looking into the idea the one of making a trailer like the ones pictured is the weight.  so i my way if thinking if  i take  a rusted stag/tr6/tr4  etc  make molds i can make light weight trailers and other things with out destroying cars and have them be lightweight.  who would be interested in that type of trailer?
mark
Title: Re: stag trailer
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on January 29, 2009, 12:49:58 PM
Maybe MGB with a drop axle and lowered floor.

Jim
Title: Re: stag trailer
Post by: Dan B on January 29, 2009, 04:22:17 PM
Sounds pretty interesting to me.
Title: Re: stag trailer
Post by: tycorace on February 17, 2009, 12:57:46 PM
well I got  the bid back on making a mold   a little under ,so how about 2 or 3 at that  -price. no thanks.  

Well for my next trick after i  get my stag back together I hope to make it back east for the meeting  in june.  north carolina.

my stag has a 4.3 chevy v6 and auto. it is in medford ore getting body and paint done. then up to wash to get it ready for a trip back east for 6 months and then back west  for the vintage triumph nat con. in San luis Obispo.,  sarting the 30th of sept ending the 4th of november.
mark0000
Title: Re: stag trailer
Post by: turbospitfire on April 02, 2010, 02:32:17 PM
Hi Mark, check out my trailer.  Subject is  "Spitfire Trailer". Its on page one of the Triumph forum. I fabricated the front out of steel. As you know, the Spitfire back half is like a Stag in design only smaller.
http://forum.britishv8.org/read.php?3,2759

Cheers,
Max