Does anyone have the respective dimensions for each to the wheel mounting surfaces?
I'm on the road away from my garage and urgently need this info.
MGC steel wheel conversion? I believe they came in wire wheel & steel wheel. If you are asking specifically about the width of an MGC WW rear that has been converted to steel, there may not be many that has done it.
If you need this info quickly, I suggest you ask on the main MGE forum, Engine Swaps, & the MGC section of the MGE.
Actually I see it situation where there might be a few on this site .
MGB owners use WW MGC axles so they can use wider wheels due to
More powerful set ups
That does not gain more room in the wheel well. It will allow using a wheel with a more negative offset *deeper dish). I can get just as much wheel/tire under the back using the stock non-WW rearend by using the correct offset. Finding a good looking wheel with that offset is the issue.
A wheel with a Ford or Chevy PCD may make it easier to find right offset for a WW rearend.
OK friends, getting off subject here, still looking for that elusive dimension.
Let's rephrase the question a little:
If you take an MGC WW 3.07 axle fitted with MGB SW hubs and drums. Does anyone know what the dimension is between wheel mounting surfaces (outside of drum)?