BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: mgaman on January 24, 2016, 03:42:13 PM

Title: British V8 West Coast Tour
Post by: mgaman on January 24, 2016, 03:42:13 PM
Thanks to a very generous offer to assist from Rick Ficolora, the British V8 tour for the West Coast is beginning to take shape (in a very rough form).

Anticipated four day tour, leaving Walnut Creek, CA and on up through Sacramento to Incline Village, then across to Mendocino and back down to San Francisco......

As this is our first one, expect some teething problems but hey, isn't that half the fun????

Anyone wanting a more elaborate itinerary, please e-mail me and I can shoot it on over.
Expected tour date- the first week in August.....

And again--many thanks to you Rick for jumping in there--most appreciated!
Title: Re: British V8 West Coast Tour
Post by: mgaman on January 24, 2016, 05:48:04 PM
and my sincere apologies to Rob Ficolora.....not Rick!!
Title: Re: British V8 West Coast Tour
Post by: lawnvett on February 06, 2016, 04:34:17 PM
i sent you a pm

I'm interested

pj
11251779_958893597496931_1721223298093937825_o.jpg
74mgbgtengine.jpg
IMG_3114.jpg
IMG_7495.jpg
Title: Re: British V8 West Coast Tour
Post by: mgaman on February 21, 2016, 02:37:39 PM
Due to the low interest in the event, I am shelving this idea but if anyone wants to revive it later (and needs help), I am more than happy to jump onboard......
Title: Re: British V8 West Coast Tour
Post by: Oldbloke on February 21, 2016, 03:50:19 PM
Well, drat...was hoping something in my neck of the woods was really gonna happen.  Again if I can help...?
Title: Re: British V8 West Coast Tour
Post by: Jim Stabe on February 22, 2016, 10:42:39 PM
I was hoping to participate as well, would have been a fun run.
Title: Re: British V8 West Coast Tour
Post by: roverman on February 23, 2016, 11:14:53 AM
Ok, Was there a sign-up list, that I missed ?  What if we were to participate, allied with other BMC club events, like Solvang, wine country tour/etc ? Laguna Seca vintage races, with Pebble Beach Classic ? This a HUGE event.  Ideas ?
Title: Re: British V8 West Coast Tour
Post by: bsa_m21 on February 23, 2016, 05:13:16 PM
Guys!  That is not a "West Coast Tour", its a southern California tour.

If you want to call it a "West Coast Tour" it really should include stops from California to British Columbia, Canada.  :)

M.
Title: Re: British V8 West Coast Tour
Post by: Oldbloke on February 23, 2016, 05:45:22 PM
Martin, beg to differ buddy!  The proposed run was NorCal with some SoCal guys interested!  Marshalls proposed routes aren't bad, but think I would start in Reno to make it easier for those further afield to meet up then on thru gold country along hwy 49, etc.  Many interesting drives in the NorCal region without having to bother with too many freeways.
Title: Re: British V8 West Coast Tour
Post by: JWD on February 23, 2016, 09:48:54 PM
"Guys! That is not a "West Coast Tour", its a southern California tour. "

I agree. I'm not interested in driving over a 1000 miles to start a tour. Maybe we should consider something in our area. Even an informal get-together sounds good.
Title: Re: British V8 West Coast Tour
Post by: mowog1 on February 24, 2016, 08:24:29 PM
So....is this event now officially deceased?  

There were several enthusiasts from Michigan, Ohio, and North Carolina who were seriously considering making the trek.
Title: Re: British V8 West Coast Tour
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on February 25, 2016, 10:08:04 AM
Brenda and I would step up to the plate in a heart beat and host a west coast meet. But at this time we are being hammered with business right now, which is a great, but wouldn't allow us to put forth the time needed to setup a meet. If we were retired, we could dedicate the time to make it happen. :(  This has been in our thoughts for some time!

 There are some great roads out here and stuff to see. Would anyone go for a 4 day event or just 3??
Title: Re: British V8 West Coast Tour
Post by: MGBV8 on February 25, 2016, 02:46:56 PM
When I was stationed in CA in the 70s. I got to drive on a good bit of CA State Route , the whole time wishing I was driving my dad's '63 MGB!
Title: Re: British V8 West Coast Tour
Post by: mgaman on February 28, 2016, 02:52:31 PM
Jim et al,
Actually it was a Northern CA tour, meaning that all from Southern CA could drive up, all from the PNW could drive down.
I am not opposed to driving at all; I love it.

In fact last week I drove to Seattle from S.F. in a day, stayed up there one day and back down to S.F. the next day--- over 2500 miles in less than 3 days.

But, if someone has better ideas as far as routes (that serves ALL interested), I am gladly on board to help....