Some of you may already know about it.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/classified/automotive/sc-2016-discontinued-cars-1022-20151016-story.html
Link go to "log in page" unable access. googled article and the read the article. The XK's were discontinued last year or earlier. The first series (x-100) & second series(X-150) were slightly different in engine size and exterior features. The XK'S are still beautiful. Perhaps I am biased, but "what the hell" :-)
Link worked for me. I don not have an account with the Tribune.
2015 is the last model year. Beautiful car, great lines.
The link triggered an ad on my terminal. Read the article after Googled and the new F-type is now the Sport GT rep.. I may be prejudice , but the Coupe has better lines than the "Vert". Bond even drove a Aston Martin DB7? based on the Jaguar XK8 platform (both owned by Ford) at that time. The F-Type will have a good run also.Safety Faster!
Hi Fellows,
Think the first Aston Martin driven by the Bond character was a DB5. His first car was a lake Blue Sunbeam Alpine series II (Dr. No -1962)
There is a google site that lists every car driven in all the Bond movies by Bond, police, bad guys..... Jeeps to Alphas, BMWs to AMCs, Bentleys.... one of Bond's female helpers drove a Tan MG-B (Hong Kong's MI6 agent Mary Goodnight in "Man with the Golden Gun"). The list is amazin,
Fun/quick read on a cold Dec. day!
Bones
Thanks Don for info. I googled the link and it should be attached. The car I mentioned was the the DBS V12.. the one just prior was a V12 Vanquish. Both were off the XK8 Platform. Merry Christmas!http://www.007james.com/articles/list_of_james_bond_cars.php