BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: limey222 on August 12, 2015, 10:21:20 PM

Title: 93-95 GM 3.4 V6 with T-5 dust cover question.
Post by: limey222 on August 12, 2015, 10:21:20 PM
I installed the correct dust cover however it seems that because I also installed a mini rear reduction starter there is still a small opening not covered by the dust cover through which I can see the flywheel teeth. Will this be problem in terms of water and road dirt getting in?
Title: Re: 93-95 GM 3.4 V6 with T-5 dust cover question.
Post by: Moderator on August 13, 2015, 01:09:26 AM
Well, I wouldn't worry about it. I whole bunch of my flywheel's teeth are exposed.
Title: Re: 93-95 GM 3.4 V6 with T-5 dust cover question.
Post by: DiDueColpi on August 13, 2015, 12:29:35 PM
I would probably make up a tin cover to seal up the hole, or fashion a screen for it to allow some airflow around the clutch.
If not you could remove the dust cover completely.
The reason for that, is if any debris should enter through the hole. It has nowhere to exit. And it will circulate around inside the cover. Possibly causing damage.
Other than being unsightly, and a bit of a hazard. Not having a cover won't be detrimental. And it does help cool the clutch for some of our more "aggressive" operators ;-).

Live like you mean it.
Fred