BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: Moderator on October 24, 2008, 03:05:21 PM

Title: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: Moderator on October 24, 2008, 03:05:21 PM
Long overdue... here's a "Sticky" thread for posting your favorite BritishV8 videos.

To kick things off, here's a <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/mgharv8">Link to Martyn Harvey's video library</a>.

Here's a Great Tip!
"Cut and Paste" the website code YouTube provides for embedding videos.
Your video will be more convenient for BritishV8 users to watch,
and they won't have to leave this site.

Examples:

Autocross Fun at British V8 2008
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/urQ8TdHZDT4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/urQ8TdHZDT4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

British V8 2008 - parade lap around Elkhart Lake track
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WAg0HgDDKQo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WAg0HgDDKQo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: Moderator on November 24, 2008, 09:39:13 PM
Wow... Ken's car sure does sound fierce!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7zGCzZN-S0Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7zGCzZN-S0Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

More info on it appears here:
How It Was Done Article (http://www.britishv8.org/MG/KenBiermann.htm)

and here:
Classified Ad (http://forum.britishv8.org/read.php?11,5241)
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: BMC on November 24, 2008, 10:53:24 PM
This is a long video that we made of the car being driven on different roads under different throttle positions/loads. We made this more-or-less unedited version so people could hear the car and get an idea of what a conversion car is like to drive. This one should be nice on long trips or just around the block. Plenty of power and comfort.

-BMC.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nvDoTV6Oo8s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nvDoTV6Oo8s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: Moderator on January 22, 2009, 03:11:03 PM
Dave Gable posted this terrific video in the "Engines" section... but everyone will want to see it.

1961 Oldsmobile Jetfire TV Commercial

<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n3Km9qlhaR0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n3Km9qlhaR0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed>
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: harv8 on March 06, 2009, 08:23:39 PM
Dennis Gage interviews Mike Moor on "My Classic Car" cica 1998 in Maryland

<object width="340" height="285"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gj8rshrZvk0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gj8rshrZvk0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="340" height="285"></embed></object>
Title: British Motor Trade Association ~ Video now online
Post by: BMC on May 19, 2009, 02:05:34 PM
The British Motor Trade Association has a new video online. This video sheds a little insight on the people, what we are about and what we do. If your looking for Parts, Media Sources or Repair/Restoration facilities, please have a look at the BMTA.

Note that there are a few familiar faces in this video to the BritishV8 membership!

Introductions from the BMTA Conference 2009 can be found here:

http://britcar.org/background.html

or here:

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-6JGcMMWsd8&rel=0&border=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-6JGcMMWsd8&rel=0&border=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

-BMC.
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!! MGCC Silverstone 2009
Post by: ukv8 on August 17, 2009, 04:54:04 PM
<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ttCso5e7-Bc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ttCso5e7-Bc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Abho-3B0tAY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Abho-3B0tAY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

Sorry its a bit out of focus guys, this is my in car video  (in 2 parts) at the MG Car Club Silverstone Club / race meet in July 2009
Came 4th in the race, 3rd in class. Car is a 1973 factory MGBGTV8, 29th off the production line, its had a few upgrades for racing.
Thanks
Barry Holmes
ChiefCheat37.jpg
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: BMC on August 23, 2009, 07:52:32 PM
This doesn't sound exciting at first just informational BUT you need to decide for yourself.

New Bright L.E.D. tail light assemblies for MGA, MGB, Midget, and many British cars can be found here:

Side to side comparison using two 1980 MGBs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_sLep6kgE8

Technical information:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjU0RGbgCUg&feature=related

I'll embed them here if i can find the embedding information.

-BMC.
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: MGBV8 on August 23, 2009, 09:40:29 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y_sLep6kgE8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y_sLep6kgE8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pjU0RGbgCUg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pjU0RGbgCUg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: RobertE on November 11, 2009, 03:26:47 PM
I enjoy this video

MGB V8 per Class C BCV8 Rules.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t3u67rBrC0&feature=related
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: BMC on November 18, 2009, 12:01:08 AM
Not a conversion, but its a modified MGB 1.8L street engine.

-BMC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zyACTqEo_k
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: fasttiger on February 15, 2010, 09:13:12 PM
There is a video on you of my Tiger under "Jerry's Twin Turbo Tiger" Sorry I don't know how to post it up
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: BMC on February 20, 2010, 04:46:13 PM
If you watched the power put out at the dyno of the MGB that we post above (Novmber 17th 2009) you may want to watch this one right after and see the difference...

What is it?
1980 MGB.
3.4L V6 motor.
No special parts.
No tuning.
No altered computer program.
Headers and intake are the only difference between this motor and a stock unit from a 1995 Camaro. This is a bone stock and very hard used motor. The car sat all winter, was brought to the dyno and run with fuel from last year.
Ignore the fuel readings- they were wrong. If the motor would have done that, it wouldn't have run- tail pipe test equipment issues.
Video quality is lacking but adequate.

More about this car can be found at our website: http://bmcautos.com

and the full write-up can be found on this site by clicking on this link: http://www.britishv8.org/MG/BrianMcCullough.htm

5 Minute video with FULL DYNO RESULTS POSTED AT THE END:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s0L7il1KkzE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s0L7il1KkzE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: Merv on July 27, 2010, 10:37:08 PM
British V8 2010 Roadmaster Video
Not great but I think you get the idea.

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uudqih7ba-M"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uudqih7ba-M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: Moderator on October 24, 2010, 02:05:03 PM
Mart in London just e-mailed me this extremely amusing "obituary"... Thanks Mart!



<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JEPdNTgnrQE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JEPdNTgnrQE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: BMC on December 03, 2010, 06:01:25 PM
An LED video about installation. This Particular set fits the Healey 3000, the AC Cobra as well as Cobra kit cars and a number of other lights about the same internal dimensions.

We have more videos than these but don't want to bore with otherwise fairly standard stuff or shows around our town. If interested in those, check out our youtube page at http://www.youtube.com/user/BMCC75


<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rkyNeeR4TB4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rkyNeeR4TB4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Believe it or not, it is there but it is not showing up above these words- just a blank space. Here is the direct link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkyNeeR4TB4
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: applebit on December 20, 2010, 06:19:59 PM
Merry Christmas!  Here is my dad having a little fun with "The Night Before Christmas" - Car Style!

Twas The Night Before Christmas - Car Version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2_-5tnHip0)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C2_-5tnHip0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: BMC on January 27, 2011, 01:49:20 AM
C'mon Guys! Get with the times. Post more vids!! Think of it this way- I have post half the vid threads here so-far in over 2 years time. I know there are plenty of you with vids on youtube. This is a great place to show them off!


Here is our newest. This is a standard Healey 3000. I speak about the power output which is pretty decent for it's day given engine size and competition.

-BMC.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kg51cxKVyG0" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>






If Your having troubles seeing this video like I have my my browers, you can go to our blog section where we have all the videos listed or directly to this video here: http://bmcautos.com/british-car-blogs-articles/106-1966-is-back-an-austin-healey-3000-on-the-british-motorway
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: Bill Young on January 27, 2011, 09:47:31 AM
Ok Brian, here goes. Here's a slow lap around the lake at Garnett, Kansas. The SCCA held road races here until the mid 60s when after a fatality they stopped. This track has seen all the great sports cars such as Ferraris, Cobras, and Maseratti's with some famous drivers in the day.
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HrryL3SAD8s?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HrryL3SAD8s?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: Bill Young on January 27, 2011, 09:51:25 AM
Another video of my experience at the Performance Driving School at Heartland Park Raceway in Topeka, Kansas last summer.
My little Midget can spin and induce plenty of "pucker factor" for the driver. I was going really slow at the time, no more than around 45mph, but an off camber turn just after the crest of a hill is really tricky to get right without losing rear traction.
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J6PB94n6qAw?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J6PB94n6qAw?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: Bill Young on January 27, 2011, 09:54:20 AM
Here's a later lap. The instructor was showing me how the track responds to a late apex cornering technique. Really made things quick and smooth if you got it right.  Made the esses on the back side very quick with the correct entry.
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5zc97ufzTEk?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5zc97ufzTEk?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>.
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: Bill Young on May 02, 2011, 12:09:39 AM
Video of Phillip Leonard's RV8 in it's first race at Heartland Park. Note the smoke coming from the car near the end, signs of the oil problem with oil getting on the headers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ4dj6jmYis
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: Bill Young on May 02, 2011, 12:13:43 AM
The last lap the car made after loosing oil pressure and slowing down.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxZ_SeDt8yM
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: Bill Young on June 01, 2011, 04:05:17 PM
Run from the Tally Ho up to Metcalf Bottoms.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ncUxo4GqBkg?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ncUxo4GqBkg?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: Bill Young on June 01, 2011, 04:06:38 PM
Second part of trip to Metcalf Bottoms   British V8 Meet 2011
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r72fIqzSkuw?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r72fIqzSkuw?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on June 02, 2011, 05:19:46 PM
Those roads are just no challenge at all for a V6 in a Midget, are they Bill?

JB
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: v869tr6 on July 27, 2011, 03:08:42 PM
Went to the Powercruise at BIR and tried a Powerskid with my car.
Regular rubber 295/50/15's with big MPH
Had to lift because I couldn't see thru the smoke but knew I was getting sideways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW4_XWm5gaM

Cruising the road course.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYfuB7bJNHo
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on July 28, 2011, 02:32:29 AM
Nice, Ed! Can we get a hood shot?

JB
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: v869tr6 on July 28, 2011, 07:18:27 AM
My car is on this site.
http://www.britishv8.org/Triumph/EdOlson.htm
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on July 28, 2011, 03:05:25 PM
That explains the powerskid. Holy cow. Big block, turbo, AND nitrous?

JB
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: v869tr6 on July 29, 2011, 04:12:47 PM
There is no nitrous in it now, I had to use the spot the bottle was in to mount a oil cooler.  LOL
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: Anonymous User on August 29, 2011, 03:11:45 PM
I enjoy this video extremely beautiful,its &#65279;Sounds wonderful! Thanks
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on September 22, 2011, 04:42:35 PM
My wife twin sons and myself attended Triumphest 2011 at Big Bear Lake Resort. I was able to have 3 runs on the Autocross at Big Bear Air Port. Dennis Lambert hosted the Autocross and it was well setup. My first run ever was 46.xx 2nd run was 44.xx and 3rd run was 42.xx. So I was gaining 2 seconds each run. What a blast. I'm hooked on Autocrossing.

Our car took 3 awards at this show. Won the Coach Build award, Autocross award for EX class, and gold + award for funcoures.

OK here is the 3 Autocross runs.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2byUcEYVct8?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2byUcEYVct8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1a1Zx1HP3eE?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1a1Zx1HP3eE?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>


<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6xGOCP4zcjg?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6xGOCP4zcjg?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: Anonymous User on September 22, 2011, 05:41:52 PM
I enjoy all videos,i have some youtube video but some error uploading file,that way i cannot upload my video.
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: rficalora on September 22, 2011, 09:14:22 PM
Looks great Calvin!  How'd it feel?
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: TR6-6SPD on September 23, 2011, 08:21:14 AM
Yes, autocrossing is a good way to excercise your car and get to know it's limits in a controlled environment. No shortage of power with your TR6 is there?
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: Dan B on September 23, 2011, 11:03:21 AM
Speaking as a lousy autocrosser, I'm wondering if you could use second gear more and rely on the V8's torque.  Ken, what do you think?
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on September 23, 2011, 06:45:56 PM
Hi Rob,

It felt great! It handles better than I thought it would. Nice and flat through the transitions. With all the power and torque it does squat a lot with the independent rear suspension. Was thinking of maybe adding air bags or something to keep that under control. But all in all was able to put most of the power to the ground.

Hi Ken,

"Yes" I would definitely say controlled environment. I wish they would have had a little longer sections for a little more speed, but I guess for insurance purposes they keep your speed down to a lot of sharp corners. The LS1 has plenty of power and torque. I have a 12.5 pound aluminum fly wheel which I thought helped with braking. The first run was getting to know my car, I used my brakes the first run, and was getting use to power. The second run no brakes, just using engine to brake. I was only at maybe 2800 RPM most of the track except the end.

Hi Dan B,
I think if I was to use 2nd gear, the track was to slow for second.  Taking off in my car for first gear is 45 to 50mph before going into 2nd gear. I had my son Trevor in the passenger seat with a phone stop watch to see what a 0 to 60mph time would be. I was just getting into 2nd gear when we hit 60mph, our time was 3.4 seconds.
 
I did get the second fastest time that weekend. A prepared TR 250 got the fastest time (Andy Packard) at 39.xx
Still need to do a 4 wheel alignment on the car, yet it was my first time ever doing an Autocross. It was a blast!
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: TR6-6SPD on September 30, 2011, 10:14:31 AM
Here's an on car video shot on August 21st at my local "Push It To The Limit" autocross event:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q6Mr0eUfc8

Dan B,
I prefer to use 2nd gear for the whole course, starting off in first though. Power is not an issue. On most of the longer courses I run, 50-60 seconds, there's certainly no need to down shift and by using 2nd, I think, it gives me a smoother run and smooth and controlled can be faster. The Miatas and Honda S2000's have to shift.

Calvin,
You mentioned, "I wish they would have had a little longer sections for a little more speed". I was out on Sept. 17th racing, and provided some excitment for a number of people at my local autoX event.  The course they laid out was longer, 70 seconds plus, and had some straighter sections in it that I thought I would try and take advantage of. I was lined up as the first car out for the day. I don't like to dilly dally around on my first run so I gave it a good effort and on one of the straighter slaloms, I put down the power, had the steering wheel turned slightly, unexpectantly hit a big bump on the course and the car suddenly launched 90 degrees pointing me towards 4 flag/cone marshalls and a metal sign post. With no time or space to correct, I locked it down, slid right past them seeing the whites of their eyes in a 4 wheel drift as they scattered . My next view as I was sliding across the tarmac was the line of cars of my fellow competitors. The car stopped just a few meters short of them. Oh Yeah!

Here's the skid marks and the missed sign post:
IMG_5949.JPG

This is how close I came to the parked cars:
IMG_5951.JPG

Nobody stood by that particular sign post for the rest of the day.
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: rficalora on September 30, 2011, 03:15:27 PM
YIKES! that was close.  We might have been reading a 2nd 'Reinventing my TR' thread.   How'd you do on the next run (if they let you)...
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: TR6-6SPD on October 03, 2011, 01:53:25 PM
Rob,
Yes, too close for comfort. That's not the reason I'd be wanting to "reinvent my TR".
After I parked the car, I went over and apologized for the scare I gave the guys. I really liked the course layout but I never got a handle on it the way I had hoped. I ended up as 18th out of 58 drivers. I usually shoot for the top 10:
http://www.wiredmotorsports.com/pitl/Results/2011-results/pitl_2011_ev7-ftd.pdf
You can see from the list that there's quite a variety of cars. "Y" indicates street tires, which we get a 2% bonus time reduction for.
Title: Gyro Gearloose Video
Post by: PagodaPete on November 08, 2011, 02:09:06 PM
Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hygXc7X1A3s
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: rficalora on November 08, 2011, 10:38:36 PM
Great car Brian!
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: HealeyRick on November 12, 2011, 11:28:36 AM
I've seen the Gearloose special before and loved it.  I posted it on the HAMB hoping some Socal hotrodder would know the early history of the car, but no dice.
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on November 13, 2011, 10:42:32 AM
" Wow" Ken that must have got the "Adrenalin Rush" running though your veins, plus feeling a little helpless at the same time.
That being said, I would think being the first one out on the track, there would be a caution of words for everyone auto-xing, being a little slippery out on the tarmac, from pebbles, bumps, sand etc.... Ken next time your at an auto-x event (including myself and others)  try to be in the later part of all the runs, after some cleaning from all the cars running the course, and rubber has been layed down on the tarmac. I believe this is where the best times can be had!

Ken, does your diff have posi or is it open?
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on December 04, 2011, 01:14:47 AM
I would like to see a "How it was done article" on this blue oval 347 stroker TR6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=URqvyEQ8L74

In this video he explains how his TR6 is set up. I'm going to contact him and see if he will list his ride on BV8.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RITlv4ddRRI&feature=player_profilepage
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on December 19, 2011, 09:08:22 AM
Did a video Dec 17th. I used a Go Pro Hero2 camera mounted on the inside of the windshield. There are some video glitches when driving through the trees, and sun on the camera, All in all it came out pretty good. Had the camera set in 1080 HD wide angle mode. Can hear why I needed to quiet down my exhaust some. Video starts in my garage and ends up in the country. Tried to talk a little about the car while driving to see if the mic would pick it up. Could hear most of what I was talking about.

Cheers,
Calvin




<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MZ7EhrKDAos?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: rficalora on December 19, 2011, 07:59:04 PM
Great run Calvin.  Hard to hear over the wind.  Exhaust doesn't sound too loud.  But, great to see you hand it out!  I hope to do the same tomorrow if the rain we're getting (finally) passes.  Video quality is excellent by the way!

Did you get your suspension dialed in?  I seem to remember you had some bump steer or something bugging you.

I think my rear springs are too heavy.  Thinking of dropping back about 50lbs on the spring rate.  Been watching ebay for some.
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on December 21, 2011, 02:36:39 AM
Hey Rob,

That Go Pro Hero 2 is an awesome camera. Might get an external mic with some kind of noise cancelation or something.

Thanks for looking at the video. My front suspension is a ton better after an alignment was done. Going through Stockton, with 3 Triumphs, driving down to Morgan Hill for a car show, there was very bad pot holes, parts of pavement missing, was the problem with the steering. The roads are real bad. So my suspension in OK.

Hmmmm you need less lbs on springs in the back, I need more spring on the back due to alot of power squat. To bad we couldn't do a swap on springs.

Hey by the way, I will be in San Antonio Texas in Feb around the week of the 13th. Will be a Lackland AFB watching one of my sons graduate basic training. My other son will be a week before. I don't know if that is close to Cypress without looking on Google Earth?
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: rficalora on December 21, 2011, 09:56:12 AM
Yeah, there doesn't seem to be any magic way to calculate spring rates.  I have 10"/200lb springs.  And, my springs only lean over about 15*.  I wish I could find a some 175's and 150's to try out.

Glad to hear the alignment took care of it.

RE: San Antonio, I'll send you a PM.
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on December 30, 2011, 12:30:38 AM
A video of the Dyno run. Yippi we have a flame! The flame scared the &^^%&%^ out me.


<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-DpXIWfu_t4?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-DpXIWfu_t4?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Here is the second run after scanning/edit then flash.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n2T91s6o-_0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n2T91s6o-_0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Led lights for tail lights, and running lights. Very bright , alot of little leds on a circut board. Brian M helped me attain these.
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: socorob on February 22, 2012, 09:31:52 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kkr8XZTVijU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kkr8XZTVijU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Hope I embedded this right. This is the 1st autocross I got to do since I put the RX7 brakes on and my 4 link rear suspension. The stopping and back of the car is much better now, but still need to redo the front suspension, AND work on my driving skills. It was filmed with a $36 ebay keychain camera.
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: jellison on February 24, 2012, 10:16:13 AM
http://jrellison.blip.tv/file/2590158/

Gentle Pull away in LS6 Chim Trevor :)
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: BMC on March 19, 2012, 11:28:55 PM
Our channel with continuing video files can be found at http://www.youtube.com/user/BMCC75 or go to youtube and search for our channel: channel BMC British Automobile, LLC




-Videos #1, 2 and 3 of the 2011 Reno experience.


#1 MG2011 Reno- Bill Guzman and Brian Mc Cullough speaking about Speciality parts from CCE:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rQkIYqHyYlE?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rQkIYqHyYlE?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>




#2 Interview of Bill Hiland

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nUdRWWenM_o?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nUdRWWenM_o?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>




#3 Interview of Mike Cook and his Wife's car, Silver Lady.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XOw7M10Uof4?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XOw7M10Uof4?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Mike's car is featured here on the British V8 at http://www.britishv8.org/MG/MikeCook.htm


More videos about the cars and people can be found on our youtube channel here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BMCC75


-BMC.
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: BMC on March 22, 2012, 11:28:23 PM
Video #4 of the Reno Experience:

MG2011 Reno Nevada ~ Factory MGB GTV8
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HGxqjICYZ9I?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HGxqjICYZ9I?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Check out our videos on youtube and save us in your 'Favourites'.

-BMC.
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: Moderator on March 23, 2012, 06:32:24 AM
Those videos are really cool, Brian!
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on April 09, 2012, 11:39:47 PM
Here is a video with a Go Pro HD mounted on the back of my TR6. My son wanted to hear the exhaust after the tune. The video was vibrating some, but still came out ok. Enjoy!


<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ffrdjuIFwp8?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ffrdjuIFwp8?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on October 01, 2012, 08:16:35 PM
Flagstaff AZ Triumphest 2012 autocross video!

I got the fastest time of the day on this gravel filled track (just like Palestine track) Did a 29.8 time...closest to me was 30.x time. A TR250 with autocross tires on the wheels.
We all had a great time. Brenda came in second place in the class with a 32.x time for the ladies. Our car was in the prepared class.

Who said a big V8 would make a small car not handle very well?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JMYtlJk7ak8?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: tomsbad6 on December 16, 2012, 04:37:03 PM
v8 on wet pavement http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mItjEf5M2Hs  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwY7gVWzoLE    
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mspFrBOwfM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veZXRVBkrHA
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: BWA on December 17, 2012, 11:36:04 AM
Tom I checked out your videos and I am very impressed with what you have done with this car!  The looks good and performs like a monster!!  You should do a writeup and post it in  the " How it was Done " section.

Cheers
Byron
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: TR6-6SPD on May 31, 2013, 11:35:06 AM
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut on occasion"

Here's an example. I was out autocrossing the TR6 May 25th. After the first of six runs, I found myself with the FTD out of 91 cars!

IMG_6346.JPG

Everyone else picked up their times more than I, which is typical, so I finished 9th overall:
mtQ3nUu.jpg
Here's a video of one of the runs:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Cqha2SEveXo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I can't wait for the next event.
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on June 01, 2013, 07:47:30 AM
Awesome Ken. Very consistent on your times! Car looks like a torque monster. Bet you can't wait to try out the Jag on a track. Huge venue of 91 cars, around here maybe 50 to 70 would be very large. Autocross venues are hard to keep going around here with all the regulation and insurance issues among other complaints. Its sad to see more and more control in CA. Hopefully we can squeeze out an autocross event in Omaha!

Calvin
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on October 15, 2013, 04:05:25 PM
Here is a great video of Ed Olsen and his very fast unlimited class Tr6! A one of a kind TR6 for sure!


<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/W3_qOgWE8ro?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: dwtr6v8 on December 26, 2013, 04:49:09 PM
Happy Holidays!
http://youtu.be/czGe5ENxOUg
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on May 05, 2014, 06:14:40 PM
Here is a video that Jay I believe did a Mid America Motorplex Speedway at the 2013 meet. We all had some fun!


<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VQoZEC-8HJ4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on June 18, 2014, 10:46:43 AM
<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wkoF2ylFfbU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on July 27, 2014, 04:21:38 PM
http://youtu.be/qnE6WN2uXPU

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qnE6WN2uXPU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on July 28, 2014, 06:20:14 PM
Sounds healthy Jim, but after that run, you will need to re-grade your driveway ;-)

Also love your property and shop!!
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on August 25, 2014, 08:00:43 AM
Something a little different that bv8, ers do for fun. This is the second time we had Rob Ficalora stay at our house. We higher a fishing guide on the Sacramento river a go Salmon fishing. This video is Rob hooked into a big Salmon early in the morning.

Rob Salmon fishing 8/22/14: http://youtu.be/813AAZCD6pc
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: kstevusa on August 25, 2014, 02:25:59 PM
FISHY, I think :-)
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: BWA on August 25, 2014, 03:13:45 PM
MMMM Fresh salmon cooking in a cast iron frying pan over a camp fire!!!!!


Cheers
Byron
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: rficalora on August 25, 2014, 07:19:32 PM
Was a great visit with Calvin and Brenda and the fishing turned out awesome too!  We even found some time for Calvin to teach me a bit about TIG welding.  Steel and stainless weren't too difficult to get decent welds.  Aluminum will take WAY more practice.
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: v869tr6 on October 27, 2014, 10:46:28 PM
Two months with no new Video's
Title: German Triumph STAG Rides to various events
Post by: Hhelmberger on January 30, 2015, 05:43:26 AM
Dear all,

please find enclosed a few links to Videos showing MR X at various events in Germany.

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ7UP1q88hs

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HOFluNfPX8

- http://youtu.be/Znb8PMTAoeo

- http://youtu.be/LsFQ6DxgfP4

- http://youtu.be/J-ZXxoTMFl4

- http://youtu.be/oZh3Zqe-qE0

I am interested to receive some feedback, whether these are boring or of interest to the community.

Regards Helmut
6.SaEinfahrtGlemseckIIPICT4954.jpg
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: Gunner1 on July 15, 2016, 04:42:53 PM
Hi,

Just found the right place to post videos. Very interesting stuff!

Attached is video of my 72 Gt6. Details of the car are on the video.

Currently, I am adding a new Edelbrock 4 barrel and a cold air intake as well as a 22 lb flywheel from the Wedge shop.  Greatest challenge has been keeping all of this under the hood without cutting a scoop.

I will try to post the vid, here is the website  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1m0alKUHYY

If that does not work, google gt8 video 001

All the best!

Gunner1
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: v869tr6 on February 02, 2018, 08:19:48 PM
Well somebody should post some video's
Out having fun with my TR6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GVw1ga0ZWU
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: ccsct203 on August 26, 2018, 08:10:28 PM
https://youtu.be/MNW27khtRVQ

before rebuilt 383ci sbc
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: dwtr6v8 on September 07, 2018, 08:44:25 AM
Highlands Car Show 2018 and a little gopro fun!
https://youtu.be/mmFkzYh_12w
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: dwtr6v8 on July 15, 2019, 07:58:20 PM
Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix 2019, listen to the end for great natural sounds!
https://youtu.be/pj5_L49iLw4
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: dwtr6v8 on May 31, 2020, 03:46:13 PM
Dan Blackwood posted on FB and I wanted to share.

https://www.facebook.com/dan.blackwood.7/posts/2978707615538884
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: Jim Stabe on October 13, 2020, 12:07:59 PM
These are some short videos to show how the new exhaust sounds. The last one I gave one of the store employees a ride so he wouldn't kick us out of the parking lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq9mBGtTqXc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtNw57Im3fU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4SOlrIEdPI
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: cowboyra on March 15, 2022, 10:55:48 PM
A couple of years ago cruising at Blackhawk



https://www.facebook.com/ray.lotter/videos/3640659349277988
Title: Re: Post Your YouTube Videos Here!!!
Post by: Jim Stabe on April 16, 2023, 03:24:14 PM
My car on Nicole Johnson's Detour'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RMv8SzcHO4