BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: mowog1 on October 08, 2008, 09:44:32 PM

Title: Classic Conversions Four Link Installed
Post by: mowog1 on October 08, 2008, 09:44:32 PM
Pete and I finished the install of Classic Conversions four-link rear suspension on my 1974.5 MGB/GT V8 conversion this afternoon.

Only unplanned activity in the install was the re-design of the battery box to give the right upper link full range-of-motion. (This would not be necessary in a chrome-bumper MGB).

The only welding involved was for the tabs for the upper link-to-differential mounts.

As it sits, the kit lowered the rear of the car by about 2 inches..and there are adjustments that I can make to lower the car even more. (This will wait until the front crossmember is installed)

All I need for the rear suspension is a pair of Rusty's rebound straps.
FourLinkrearview.jpg
Completedproduct_1.jpg
BatteryBoxRedesign.jpg
ClassicConversionsFourLinkKit.jpg
Title: Re: Classic Conversions Four Link Installed
Post by: rficalora on October 09, 2008, 01:04:27 AM
Hey, using a lift... that's cheating :)... just kidding looks great; not a bad afternoon's work!
Title: Re: Classic Conversions Four Link Installed
Post by: MGBV8 on October 09, 2008, 08:59:59 AM
"All I need for the rear suspension is a pair of Rusty's rebound straps. "

Optional equipment.