BritishV8 Forum

General Category => Engine, Transmission, & Rear Axle assy. => Topic started by: Ian Mantula on April 27, 2015, 06:56:49 AM

Title: Rover V8 engineering drawings
Post by: Ian Mantula on April 27, 2015, 06:56:49 AM
Hello British V8 enthusiasts.

I am fitting a 2001 Thor V8 from a Range Rover P38 into my Marcos Mantula. I need to make some changes to the location of the belt tension idler along with a range of other changes. Rather than guess how to do it I would prefer to draw the installation in 3D CAD. So I'm trying to find any engineering drawings of the Rover V8. That should make the task less daunting. I've already started on the Marcos chassis model, so when the engine is drawn I will be able to design the optimum location for all ancillary components.

Once I've finished the 3D model I will make it available through this forum as a free resource.

Thanks
Ian

www.mantula.org
Title: Re: Rover V8 engineering drawings
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on April 27, 2015, 10:21:01 AM
I hope you find the drawings. Might be archived in one of the Engineering professional organization's libraries. You'd need access.

Jim
Title: Re: Rover V8 engineering drawings
Post by: Todd McCreary on April 27, 2015, 11:55:04 PM
SAE has the paper Buick submitted on the 215ci / 3.5L back in 1961:
http://papers.sae.org/610410/

I don't know if you can find a similar paper for the 4.6L update or not.
Title: Re: Rover V8 engineering drawings
Post by: Ian Mantula on May 08, 2015, 02:50:45 PM
Thanks for the feedback so far Jim and Todd. I couldn't find anything else on the SAE website, but I'll keep looking.