3 1/2" to cross member with car a little higher off the ground up front than Dan Master's GT (which I really like the stance on). Double checking numbers, but if they're right, I don't think I want to go any lower. Am a bit concerned I'm a little too low already. What do you guys think?
2008-10-07RideHeightCheck001.jpg
2008-10-07RideHeightCheck002.jpg
2008-10-07RideHeightCheck005.jpg
Rear is about 1" lower; I'm thinking I'm going to bring it up a little bit to give a little more rake
2008-10-07RideHeightCheck004.jpg
Like it just the way it sits now. My 72 is lowered almost 2" and has the same stance, though without the flares I have fender rub. Are those Omni flares?
Looks good as it is Rob. I wouldn't add any rake, remember you're giving up caster when you do that. Any lower and you'll hate driving it because you have to watch for every rough spot in the road and that takes away a lot of the fun. Unless I'm driving the Midget on a road I already know well I find myself constantly tense watching for rough spots. The wheels are great, really look good on the car. Nice choice.
Nice stance Rob! Shaping up to a sweet ride.
When I started building my car, oh six years ago, I was foolishly thinking to myself "I'll show these guys a thing or two about building a nice ford conversion." Remember, I think at that time I really only knew of one or two ford powered 'b's. Well, mine still isn't done, and there have been a BUNCH of awesome cars built since then. Rob, your car is going to be sweet. Good job!
OUTSTANDING!
Love the wheels!
It's getting there. I hope to get the flares on it this weekend, but have my doubts... by the time I get back in town on Friday, my folks will already be there for a weekend visit. May get one or two on but probably not all four.