BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: lawnvett on April 05, 2015, 10:11:16 PM

Title: New England, to Nova Scotia roadtrip suggestions
Post by: lawnvett on April 05, 2015, 10:11:16 PM
I'm planning a tour of New England, New Brunswick, & Nova Scotia after the MG 2015 NAMGBR event in Niagara Falls in June.  Looking for suggestions of must see sights.  I'm doing the MMC (Moss Motoring Challenge) so I'l be looking for points.  I always enjoy meeting fellow MG enthusiasts.  I've not driven much in New England but would like to plan out about a two week route.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
WelcometoMissouri.jpg
StatelineWY.jpg
IMG_1518.jpg
IMG_3062.jpg
Title: Re: New England, to Nova Scotia roadtrip suggestions
Post by: lawnvett on April 08, 2015, 10:51:54 PM
Here are a few places on my list: Montreal,Bennington,VT, route 2 from Montpelier to Mount Washington to Portland, Me., ferry to Yarmouth, Cabot TR,Prince Edward Island, Acadia National Park;  visit Phil in NewBrunswick,  
St John Reversing Falls, Hopewell Rocks, Peggy's Cove Lighthouse, Fundy Trail;
Bar Harbor, ME
Title: Re: New England, to Nova Scotia roadtrip suggestions
Post by: lawnvett on April 09, 2015, 04:28:00 PM
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zH4iKqK7KKRU.k701wbhIr7m0

tentative pins on a map
Title: Re: New England, to Nova Scotia roadtrip suggestions
Post by: RMO 699F on April 09, 2015, 08:52:40 PM
Kay and I have vacationed in NS several times....in general, always like to stay a couple days in downtown Halifax...great restaurants, and home of Alexander Keith's beer. Cape Breton  is  very  picturesque...Scott's bay/beach is interesting,  Peggy's Cove....Port Royal has a lot of interesting history on the north side also ...and the reverse tides are really something to  see...I am sure Phil O will chime in here...he is an expert!
We always do mostly B&B...great way to meet people...
Title: Re: New England, to Nova Scotia roadtrip suggestions
Post by: britcars on April 17, 2015, 10:49:08 PM
PJ
I've sent a private message.
Phil
Title: Re: New England, to Nova Scotia roadtrip suggestions
Post by: lawnvett on April 19, 2015, 07:52:37 PM
Phil thank you, great suggestions!
MGcoveredwagon.jpg
Title: Re: New England, to Nova Scotia roadtrip suggestions
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on April 20, 2015, 09:34:19 AM
I've heard there is one of those New England states where the law was that anyone turning left had the right-of-way which is a little odd and caused a lot of wrecks so they changed it which caused a lot more wrecks. Don't remember which state though.

Jim
Title: Re: New England, to Nova Scotia roadtrip suggestions
Post by: lawnvett on April 20, 2015, 03:55:57 PM
Jim,

I'll look into that and report back to you

PJ
Title: Re: New England, to Nova Scotia roadtrip suggestions
Post by: lawnvett on May 02, 2015, 05:27:15 PM
My travel books have arrived from the state of Maine and Nova Scotia, thanks for all the tips you guys have offered.  I'll post a photo now and then during my road trip during June

Hope to see a few of you in Niagara or along the route.
MMC2015adultplayground.jpg
Title: Re: New England, to Nova Scotia roadtrip suggestions
Post by: lawnvett on July 07, 2015, 11:29:48 PM
it was a great 4500 mile trip 25 days fun fun fun
IMG_6031.jpg