Hello everyone, I just purchased a 69 MGB GT that I intend turning into a LeMans replica with a either the 65 Mustang 289 K-code motor I currently have or a 302 from a Mustang GT (Whichever is easier to install) Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, and I plan on giving current updates once the weather get's a little warmer up here in Minnesota.
mgbgt.jpg
Welcome aboard Mark! The 289 and 302 would fit the same. You may want to sell the 289 K to a Mustang restorer and with the money build up a 302 for your project.
A 302 would, and is, my choice. A very mild build will result in 350HP and parts are available cheaply almost everywhere. Or you can build a 347 stroker with 450+HP if that's your desire.
Go with the roller lifter version. Better in every way.
Jim
I went the 347 route and believe me it is cool but I think building a high revving 289 motor would be really awesome and would sound ridiculous. And when I say high rev, I mean 8000 rpm...or so. Just a thought.
oh and by the way, that picture you posted looks like you got a good car. Those rocker panels look intact.
Thanks, for the recommendations guy's, My first car was a 65 Mustang Fastback with a K-code motor and I remember how it could scream.(Which is why I bought the one I have when it showed up on Craigslist) Yes the sills are in great shape but it does need floors which is no big deal. Again, Thanks