BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: scottsgretch on September 30, 2008, 12:07:49 PM

Title: Vintage Chrome Wire Wheels for MG
Post by: scottsgretch on September 30, 2008, 12:07:49 PM
I have had a set of wire wheels in my garage for years and can't remember what brand they are.  They are UNI-LUG chrome wire wheels with an script "A" enscribed on the center caps.  I had them on an MG back in the '80's or so.  There is no other identification on the wheels.  The uni-lug pattern will not fit the bolt pattern on my '79 MGB-V8.
I've tried to research to find the original maufacturer but to no avail.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Scott
Title: Re: Vintage Chrome Wire Wheels for MG
Post by: Bill Young on September 30, 2008, 01:25:20 PM
Scott, I'd guess from the A in the center cap they are Appliance Plating wheels. That brand is no longer available as far as I know, but the design might well have been bought by another company such as Mr. Gasket who bought Crager and some others. Get a photo and get them in the classified, you might find a buyer.
Title: Re: Vintage Chrome Wire Wheels for MG
Post by: scottsgretch on September 30, 2008, 02:21:14 PM
Hi Bill,
Thanks so much for the info.  I'm not sure I'm going to sell them right now but I will post them if i do.  It was driving me crazy to know the manufacturer.  I did know it at one time, but at my age (60 next month......gaaadddds!) I'm forgetting a lot.  If i remember correctly (and that's questionable) I originally got these around '73 or so.  Again, thanks for your help.
Scott