BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: Moderator on January 31, 2015, 01:30:09 PM

Title: New to the gallery: David's Arkley... with Chevy 383!
Post by: Moderator on January 31, 2015, 01:30:09 PM
If you love over-the-top conversions, this one is for you! Check it out:

<a href="http://www.britishv8.org/MG/DavidRowen.htm">David Rowen's 1972 Arkley Midget with Chevy 383cid V8</a>

teaser:
(http://www.britishv8.org/MG/DavidRowen/DavidRowen-AA.jpg)
Title: Re: New to the gallery: David's Arkley... with Chevy 383!
Post by: kstevusa on January 31, 2015, 02:01:44 PM
This should make Maloney salivate.  Beautiful car.
Title: Re: New to the gallery: David's Arkley... with Chevy 383!
Post by: RMO 699F on January 31, 2015, 08:31:27 PM
I have known David for years and always lusted after this purpose built car..(built for the flying mile in Houston) Years ago I kept bugging David to sell the car...well, as of 6 weeks ago it was on EBay, I blinked, and the vehicle now resides some place in the Middle East...David also has a GT40 and a McClaren painted the same colors as his Arkley..this is a big boy sports car..
Title: Re: New to the gallery: David's Arkley... with Chevy 383!
Post by: MGBV8 on February 04, 2015, 06:06:17 PM
What restraint, Mike!
Title: Re: New to the gallery: David's Arkley... with Chevy 383!
Post by: RMO 699F on February 06, 2015, 11:04:18 AM
Yes Carl..I amazed myself on this one...if that car had come up for sale a couple years ago it would have been sitting in my driveway within a week or two! Perhaps at 71 I am now grasping the concept of postponing my gratification? Naw, probably not..   :-)
Title: Re: New to the gallery: David's Arkley... with Chevy 383!
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on February 06, 2015, 02:14:17 PM
(No, I think Kay put her foot down... he, he, he...)

Jim
Title: Re: New to the gallery: David's Arkley... with Chevy 383!
Post by: G.R. on February 09, 2015, 08:33:23 PM
Anybody know what model/make these wheels are?
Title: Re: New to the gallery: David's Arkley... with Chevy 383!
Post by: MGBV8 on February 10, 2015, 10:08:24 AM
They are a Halibrand style or replica.
Title: Re: New to the gallery: David's Arkley... with Chevy 383!
Post by: rficalora on February 10, 2015, 10:22:41 AM
Those are relatively common on Mustang Eleanor's & Cobra's.  A few different companies make them.  Mine are polished completely but I believe can be ordered with black or grey center sections.  http://www.americanracing.com/wheels/VN427/VN4271  They have several "standard" sizes, but also offer a custom series where you can specify the width & backspace you need.
Title: Re: New to the gallery: David's Arkley... with Chevy 383!
Post by: excelrp1 on February 15, 2015, 09:54:40 PM
Good Day All
I am new to the Forum -
About 12 years ago I bought the Hank Kleban Car -  MG Midget with approx 300 HP -
Well it has been going thru a Ground up complete build - changing a few items   LOL
01062014phone183.jpg
Title: Re: New to the gallery: David's Arkley... with Chevy 383!
Post by: excelrp1 on February 18, 2015, 04:58:39 PM
02152015midget.jpg

Getting close - Maybe a little excessive doing a 350 blower motor?
Title: Re: New to the gallery: David's Arkley... with Chevy 383!
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on February 18, 2015, 05:20:59 PM
mm... wouldn't really think so...

Jim
Title: Re: New to the gallery: David's Arkley... with Chevy 383!
Post by: Moderator on February 20, 2015, 12:17:23 AM
;o)