BritishV8 Forum

General Category => Triumph Sports Cars => Topic started by: Aprules2 on November 26, 2014, 08:58:45 PM

Title: Jay Foster Tr7 3.8 Master cylinder
Post by: Aprules2 on November 26, 2014, 08:58:45 PM
Im doing some work on my TR7 and I noticed jay fosters Tr7 with the 3.8 Ford swap. He has what looks like a ford booster and master cylinder swapped into his car. Does anyone know what he used?
Title: Re: Jay Foster Tr7 3.8 Master cylinder
Post by: Dan B on December 02, 2014, 09:59:53 AM
It is really hard to find anything on Jay's car.  I have looked before.  But I do remember a master cylinder on Rodney's 1UZ TR7 conversion.  He has details on his thread. http://www.britishv8.org/Triumph/RodneyWells.htm  
He used a cylinder from an australian falcon and booster from a holden.
Title: Re: Jay Foster Tr7 3.8 Master cylinder
Post by: mgb260 on December 02, 2014, 08:22:40 PM
Mike's master cylinder looks pretty good 94 Ranger/Explorer.
http://forum.britishv8.org/read.php?3,42415,page=2
Title: Re: Jay Foster Tr7 3.8 Master cylinder
Post by: wedgehead on December 03, 2014, 04:25:41 PM
Hey Jay

Looked at the pix of your car.  NIIICE !

Was the picture of the car taken at the East end of the Cape Cod Canal ?

Charlie
Title: Re: Jay Foster Tr7 3.8 Master cylinder
Post by: JohnMWalsh on March 22, 2015, 02:20:30 PM
Jay.  I use a Chevy power booster just because it is a dual 7" and a Chevy master cylinder to go with it.  It took drilling new holes in the bulkhead as the bolt pattern is larger.  I also use a Summit Racing proportioning valve.  I have big 4 wheel discs and she works just fine.
Hope this helps.
John Walsh
MasterCylinder004-new.jpg