BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: Al Moor on October 28, 2014, 07:30:36 PM

Title: New member
Post by: Al Moor on October 28, 2014, 07:30:36 PM
Hello all,
  I am about to be the proud owner of Paul Schils' '73 GT 215 v8.  I've been a tag-along to a number of the V8 get-togethers over the past few years and am VERY excited to be getting my own.  Looking forward to riding in the driver's seat for a change :)

P.S. Mike, you'll need a new navigator

Al Moor
Title: Re: New member
Post by: mowog1 on October 28, 2014, 08:05:55 PM
All right!!!!!!!!!!!
Title: Re: New member
Post by: Moderator on October 28, 2014, 10:04:03 PM
Congratulations! You got a really good car there.
Title: Re: New member
Post by: rficalora on October 28, 2014, 11:42:06 PM
Congratulations Al.  Looking forward to seeing you & the car @ Indy this summer.
Title: Re: New member
Post by: kstevusa on October 29, 2014, 07:47:30 AM
Welcome Paul,  Mike will miss his navigator.  Richard W. was my navigator for several years and his car is almost ready for the road.  It is difficult to find someone to share a great time? SAFETY FASTER!
Title: Re: New member
Post by: MGBV8 on October 29, 2014, 02:34:14 PM
Y'all need to work on your reading & comprehension skills.  ;)

Al is Mike Moor's brother & has joined us for several of the Townsend events.
Title: Re: New member
Post by: kstevusa on October 29, 2014, 03:17:54 PM
Hell, AL, I just looked at Rob's post above and used the name PAUL. I am not infallible either.  Great to hear Al has his ride!  Did not realize he even rode with Maloney. Carl is too obervant, but can drive the wheels off most cars.          SAFETY FASTER!
Title: Re: New member
Post by: MGBV8 on October 29, 2014, 05:51:08 PM
On our recent Townsend GT, Al rode shotgun with his brother, Mike, up the Dragon & over to Fontana, NC for lunch. On the return trip, Al was Jim Stuart's chauffeur in his Triumph TR8.

Now he gets to try to keep up driving his own British V8.  I smell a Buick 300 swap. I believe his brother has a spare.  ;)
Title: Re: New member
Post by: RMO 699F on October 29, 2014, 08:41:54 PM
Welcome aboard Al! Great to have a fellow Tipp City "ite" in the fold..counting you, me and Clark Miller on Dow st., we now have three British hot rods nearby..maybe we can all start meeting at Sam and Ethel's for breakfast to swap lies about our cars..grin..do not forget my offer made in Townsend, if you need any help picking the car up at Paul's in WI, just let me know..we retired guys are always looking for a new adventure...finally, you are getting a great car as Paul is a meticulous craftsman!
Title: Re: New member
Post by: Al Moor on October 29, 2014, 09:09:55 PM
Thanks for the welcome, gentlemen, I appreciate it.

Mike Maloney - I'm always up for breakfast at Sam & Ethel's.  Any weekday at 7:15-ish is good for me.  I have a lot to learn...

Carl - Why would you need more than 150 horsepower?

- Al (a.k.a. "Paul")  ;)
Title: Re: New member
Post by: MGBV8 on October 29, 2014, 10:48:42 PM
Hehe, I don't. Others seem to require more to keep up.  ;)
Title: Re: New member
Post by: epeppy on October 29, 2014, 11:30:35 PM
Hey Alan... Congratulations on the purchase.  Was great meeting you (and all the others) at Townsend.  Am looking forward to seeing everyone and their cars at Indy.  

Carl, with your driving skills, you probably could have left the 4 cylinder engine in and we would still have trouble keeping up (at least on the Dragon).

Ed
Title: Re: New member
Post by: MGBV8 on October 30, 2014, 09:46:48 AM
Hi Ed!

The twisty bits is where it's at. I'm in big trouble when there is a long straightaway.
Title: Re: New member
Post by: rficalora on October 30, 2014, 11:07:50 PM
Al?  Paul?  I can't tell what all that commotion was about ;)
Title: Re: New member
Post by: Dan B on October 31, 2014, 02:05:25 PM
My question is, since Al bought Paul's car, what are Paul and Mary driving now?

Congratulations, Al!
Title: Re: New member
Post by: mowog1 on October 31, 2014, 02:13:26 PM
Al bought Paul's GT....Paul still has that beautiful silver tourer.
Title: Re: New member
Post by: Dan B on October 31, 2014, 02:36:15 PM
Sweet!  Now, what will Paul use on his skunks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Uu5hzc2Mei4
Title: Re: New member
Post by: MGBV8 on October 31, 2014, 04:21:28 PM
His silver 302 V8 roadster.

http://www.britishv8.org/MG/PaulSchils-MGB.htm

I have that song on a K-Tel record.  :)