BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: Moderator on October 23, 2014, 02:39:39 AM

Title: New HIWD: Hank Ronish's 1974.5 MGB with Ford 3.0L V6
Post by: Moderator on October 23, 2014, 02:39:39 AM
Ford's 60-degree V6 is cost effective, efficient, reliable, and it fits neatly into an MGB engine bay. Hank Ronish has sorted out the issues, and he has a great running example. His How-It-Was-Done article tells and shows how he answered motor mount, exhaust system, bellhousing, and fuel injection questions. Read all about it here:

<a href="http://www.britishv8.org/MG/HankRonish.htm">Hank Ronish's 1974.5 MGB with Ford Vulcan 3.0L V6</a>

(http://www.britishv8.org/MG/HankRonish/HankRonish-AA.jpg)

(http://www.britishv8.org/MG/HankRonish/HankRonish-BA.jpg)
Title: Re: New HIWD: Hank Ronish's 1974.5 MGB with Ford 3.0L V6
Post by: MGBV8 on October 23, 2014, 11:37:14 AM
Wow, that V6 Ford fit in there very nice. Love those engine mounts, Hank!
Title: Re: New HIWD: Hank Ronish's 1974.5 MGB with Ford 3.0L V6
Post by: mgb260 on October 23, 2014, 05:30:20 PM
Looks factory installed! I really like  how the Focus fan shroud fits the Mustang 6 radiator. Well done Hank! Looking forward to the 3800 conversion!
Title: Re: New HIWD: Hank Ronish's 1974.5 MGB with Ford 3.0L V6
Post by: denvermgb on October 29, 2014, 11:22:20 AM
Hank is a great guy and does great work.  He allowed me to visit his shop and crawl underneath his B to look at his rear axle and brake set-up for some ideas.  We've also traded some parts.  Nice to see this Ford swap, since there aren't as many of these as GM swaps. I installed one of these in my nephew's Explorer, nice, solid V6.  I am looking forward to seeing Hank's next conversion.

Brad
Title: Re: New HIWD: Hank Ronish's 1974.5 MGB with Ford 3.0L V6
Post by: hanker on November 04, 2014, 08:58:37 AM
Thanks everyone. I finally joined this forum. It's quieter over here.

I'm pleased with the Ford V6. It runs good, has decent power, and it gets 33 mpg highway driving. I still plan a 3800 swap and the Ford V6 might end up in my chrome bumper car.
Title: Re: New HIWD: Hank Ronish's 1974.5 MGB with Ford 3.0L V6
Post by: Scott Costanzo on November 04, 2014, 09:42:37 AM
QuoteThanks everyone. I finally joined this forum. It's quieter over here.

Quieter = less BS, less misinformation.

Welcome!

Oh, great looking conversion!