BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: TR6-6SPD on October 06, 2014, 10:25:41 AM

Title: MGB GT parts cars
Post by: TR6-6SPD on October 06, 2014, 10:25:41 AM
I stopped in Moscow recently. I wanted to chat with Putin about the situation in the Ukraine but he was no where to be found.

IMG_5072.JPG

I did find three MGB GT's that have seen better days. Parts cars?

IMG_5078.JPG

IMG_5076.JPG

IMG_5077.JPG

Actually, that was Moscow, MD.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow,_Maryland
Title: Re: MGB GT parts cars
Post by: MGBV8 on October 06, 2014, 10:30:44 AM
Wow, are those the elusive 1974 1/2 GTs?  Factory engine bay mods for V8 swaps.
Title: Re: MGB GT parts cars
Post by: mowog1 on October 06, 2014, 12:59:33 PM
Those have to be 74-1/2s, Carl.

That was the only year of rubber bumpered GT that was brought into North America.
Title: Re: MGB GT parts cars
Post by: Capt'n Moorgone on October 06, 2014, 06:24:59 PM
Ken, send those pics to Grassroots Motorsports for their "ran when parked " photos!
Title: Re: MGB GT parts cars
Post by: tdecell on October 13, 2014, 01:18:41 PM
Whoa! I need a pass side fender off one of those!!
Title: Re: MGB GT parts cars
Post by: TR6-6SPD on October 13, 2014, 06:46:47 PM
Trey,
You'll first have to negotiate with the raccoons living inside the car.
imagesCATGAMEW.jpg
Title: Re: MGB GT parts cars
Post by: Charles on November 21, 2014, 08:38:35 PM
Ken, do you think that guy driving works for the KGB?
charles
Title: Re: MGB GT parts cars
Post by: MustangSix on November 24, 2014, 12:11:56 PM
If anyone in Orlando is looking for one of those "elusive" RB GT's, here's a rough one I found on CL.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/4725068665.html