BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: roverman on July 22, 2014, 05:25:21 PM

Title: Hot August Nights, 2014
Post by: roverman on July 22, 2014, 05:25:21 PM
Anyone from this forum ? I am, if so, let's meet.  Cheers, roverman.
Title: Re: Hot August Nights, 2014
Post by: roverman on July 31, 2014, 02:53:13 PM
Too bad, I booked 2 rooms, and only need 1.  Such a deal !  roverman.
Title: Re: Hot August Nights, 2014
Post by: roverman on August 05, 2014, 11:45:23 AM
My son and I went.  Downer !  Must be a barometer, of our economy.  Much smaller than 8 years ago.  I think they need some, lbc's, to perk it up.  rooverman.
Title: Re: Hot August Nights, 2014
Post by: Richard/SIA on August 09, 2014, 01:12:57 AM
Not a fan of big crowds, waiting in line for EVERYTHING, etc.

I tend to find the whole HAN scene a bit fictionalized, as while sports cars are not actually forbidden they are certainly not encouraged.
But if you look at the reality of the 50's and 60's sports-cars outnumbered "Muscle cars" (Which did not really exist as a factory type hype prior to '64) and "Hot-Rod's" by a wide margin.
Look at old photos from the day and they will prove my point.

I did get rid of a few things at the HAN swap meet on Saturday.
Nothing valuable but it did clear some space for me.