BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: Brownwood on July 05, 2014, 03:38:43 PM

Title: 1980 MGB clutch master cylinder to 4AN?
Post by: Brownwood on July 05, 2014, 03:38:43 PM
OK,I dropped my 5.0 liter ford into my 1980 MGB. It just seems like a righteous way to celebrate Independence day. The one thing I cant figure out is what fitting I need to mount my 4AN braided hose to the clutch hydraulic master cylinder. it needs a male flare fitting of some sort to attach to the clutch master cylinder.

I'm sure this has been done many times and I'm hoping someone can tell me what fitting to order.
Title: Re: 1980 MGB clutch master cylinder to 4AN?
Post by: mgb260 on July 05, 2014, 09:10:56 PM
Keith, Stock master, Wilwood, Tilton or GM. Could be Bubble flare (stock) or pipe thread or American style 3/8 x24 DIF.
Title: Re: 1980 MGB clutch master cylinder to 4AN?
Post by: MustangSix on July 06, 2014, 08:50:32 PM
Try speedway motors.  I used an AN4 x 7/16 fitting but i can't recall if it was 20 or24 threads.  The fitting has an inverted flare end but also works on the MG banjo fitting with a copper washer.
Title: Re: 1980 MGB clutch master cylinder to 4AN?
Post by: Brownwood on July 07, 2014, 09:07:23 AM
Thaks guys!  I am getting quite a collection of fittings that didint work on this project!  :)