BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: mowog1 on June 16, 2014, 12:06:45 AM

Title: I almost pulled a "Curtis" today.
Post by: mowog1 on June 16, 2014, 12:06:45 AM
Drove the V8 to French Lick, IN for MG2014.

Pulled into a gas station about mid-journey to refuel.

The needle on the gauge was to the left side of the "E".

No harm, no foul.

<grin>
Title: Re: I almost pulled a "Curtis" today.
Post by: Moderator on June 16, 2014, 11:19:36 AM
You know, those days are behind me. I drove almost 400 miles yesterday and I didn't run out of fuel once!
Title: Re: I almost pulled a "Curtis" today.
Post by: Spitfire 350 on June 16, 2014, 03:49:41 PM
Curtis used to carry a gallon of gas in one of the battery compartments.....
Title: Re: I almost pulled a "Curtis" today.
Post by: Moderator on June 16, 2014, 04:02:53 PM
Still do. But I didn't even use that, yesterday. I've turned over a new leaf.
Title: Re: I almost pulled a "Curtis" today.
Post by: lawnvett on June 16, 2014, 05:17:35 PM
last time I ran out of fuel was in the RM

the older i get the more frequently I have to stop to pee, so might as well top off the fuel tank as long as I there emptying the urine tank

here is another photo from our trip from NC to French Lick
carlhisV8.jpg
Title: Re: I almost pulled a "Curtis" today.
Post by: MG four six eight on June 16, 2014, 10:40:45 PM
"the older i get the more frequently I have to stop to pee, so might as well top off the fuel tank as long as I there emptying the urine tank"

LOL I feel your pain  PJ!!

Bill
Title: Re: I almost pulled a "Curtis" today.
Post by: Preform Resources on June 19, 2014, 09:48:48 PM
Yeah ,, you got that right LOL
Dave