BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: kstevusa on September 08, 2008, 09:06:44 AM

Title: Roll Call for Townsend, Tn.
Post by: kstevusa on September 08, 2008, 09:06:44 AM
Please sound off.  Who is attending the friends and interested parties (British Cars @ Talley Ho) gathering in Townsend, Tn.?  
We plan to drive over Friday AM from Fayetteville, Tn. and travel thru Murphy NC,  up Hwy 129, across the mountains at Deal's Gap and onto Townsend.  Heard the Triumph Club will also be at the Best Western down the street.  This should be a nice week-end,  maybe no moisture.
SAFETY FASTER!
Title: Re: Roll Call for Townsend, Tn.
Post by: mowog1 on September 08, 2008, 10:52:07 AM
Have fun...I'll be working.....rick
Title: Re: Roll Call for Townsend, Tn.
Post by: Citron on September 08, 2008, 02:37:02 PM
Wife and I will arrive on Thursday.  Coming up 441 from Cherokee and the 73 across to Townsend.

Steve
Title: Re: Roll Call for Townsend, Tn.
Post by: MGBV8 on September 08, 2008, 10:33:02 PM
Mike Moor will be down Friday. I should be there some time later Friday.

Carl
Title: Re: Roll Call for Townsend, Tn.
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on September 09, 2008, 12:48:44 PM
I'll be there Saturday morning, bringing Edith and Matthew also.

Jim
Title: Re: Roll Call for Townsend, Tn.
Post by: TR6-6SPD on September 09, 2008, 02:49:24 PM
Katie and I will be leaving Toronto Wednesday mid day. Our room at the Talley Ho is booked for Thursday. I'll be registering with the Triumph 6-Pack group but we look forward to socializing with our friends from the British V8 community as well. Guaranteed good time!

 Ken
Title: Re: Roll Call for Townsend, Tn.
Post by: danmas on September 09, 2008, 03:11:09 PM
I'm already here (well, just a few miles away). Ted and Judy Lathrop are coming down Thursday.

The Shades Of The Past street rod club is having its annual Fall Rod Run in Pigeon Forge this same weekend - should be over 3,000 cars there.
Title: Re: Roll Call for Townsend, Tn.
Post by: tr6turbo on September 09, 2008, 04:48:27 PM
I will be arrriving early Friday afternoon.

Dale
Title: Re: Roll Call for Townsend, Tn.
Post by: harv8 on September 09, 2008, 09:38:41 PM
I wish I could be there!  Sounds like more British V8 good times!
Title: Re: Roll Call for Townsend, Tn.
Post by: psmg on September 10, 2008, 05:51:30 AM
Mary and I would love to be there, unfortunately we won't be able to make it. I'm painting the 5.0 project this week and when you're not sure what you're doing, it takes more time than it should. The weather and temperatures provide a smaller window of opportunity when you're doing this in your garage. We also have planned attending the SEMA show in November. We know you'll have a great time and wish we could be there. See you in Durham.

Paul and Mary
Title: Re: Roll Call for Townsend, Tn.
Post by: mowog1 on September 10, 2008, 09:42:08 AM
You will have a BLAST at the SEMA show, Paul. Pete and I went in 2005...and plan on going again next year.
Title: Re: Roll Call for Townsend, Tn.
Post by: psmg on September 10, 2008, 10:11:42 AM
I'm sure we'll have a great time at the SEMA show. I'm going with Bill Guzman so that should be a blast in itself. I think we will look for some HI-Performance, color co-ordinated, light weight, folding chairs for the "Drill Team"

Paul
Title: Re: Roll Call for Townsend, Tn.
Post by: mowog1 on September 10, 2008, 04:31:12 PM
psmg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm sure we'll have a great time at the SEMA show.
> I'm going with Bill Guzman so that should be a
> blast in itself. I think we will look for some
> HI-Performance, color co-ordinated, light weight,
> folding chairs for the "Drill Team"
>
> Paul



LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Title: Re: Roll Call for Townsend, Tn.
Post by: kstevusa on September 11, 2008, 01:02:02 PM
Look fwd to seeing you'all in Townsend this week-end.  we hope to arrive around noon after our extended route thru Murphy NC and then take Hwy 129 and down the Dragon to Townsend.  Everyone have a Safe Journey!
Title: Re: Roll Call for Townsend, Tn.
Post by: mowog1 on September 13, 2008, 03:43:13 PM
You guys having too much fun for an update???

:)
Title: Re: Roll Call for Townsend, Tn.
Post by: tr6turbo on September 14, 2008, 05:44:24 PM
I want to thank Dan Masters for gettng this thing started.  I had a great time on the Dragon, crusing the mountain roads and meeting everyone in the evenings.

Dale Knapke
Title: Re: Roll Call for Townsend, Tn.
Post by: kstevusa on September 14, 2008, 07:26:36 PM
Good to see you all again and we had a great time also.   Thanks Dan for the chance to gather in Townsend again!
Title: Re: Roll Call for Townsend, Tn.
Post by: MGBV8 on September 14, 2008, 10:03:04 PM
QuoteYou guys having too much fun for an update???

You bet. Waaay too much fun to waste time on the 'net!