<center>2014-LOGO-150px.png</center>
I'm looking forward to seeing you folks in the Springs in July!
The hotel reservations cutoff date has now passed.
So far the following<span style="color:blue"> 23 </span>folks have sent in their reservation forms. Of those<span style="color:blue"> 8 </span>have signed up for the dyno day.
<ul>
<li>Robert Bennett</li>
<li>Don Bonar</li>
<li>Bill Davidson</li>
<li>Rob Ficalora</li>
<li>Carl Floyd</li>
<li>Dave Germain</li>
<li>Calvin Grannis</li>
<li>Merv Hagen</li>
<li>Ken Heibert</li>
<li>Bill Jacobson</li>
<li>Curtis Jacobson</li>
<li>Chris Jones</li>
<li>David Kirkman</li>
<li>Lou Kirkman</li>
<li> Ted Lathrop</li>
<li>Jim Legg</li>
<li>PJ Lenihan</li>
<li>Charles Long</li>
<li>Mike Maloney</li>
<li>Phil McConnell</li>
<li>James Spradlin</li>
<li>Kelly Stevenson</li>
<li>Al Wulf</li>
</ul>
I just sealed the envelope and am headed to the Post Office. Oh yea, I did sign up for the dyno day.
Great looking logo!
Looking forward to a great time!
Bill Davidson will be bringing the Road Master (he'll have his app. in the mail in the next few days)... mine goes into the mail today.
Bill and I just put airbags on mine... so I'll glide across Kansas on a pillow......
See you all soon!
Don Bonar
I downloaded and filled out the form a couple of days ago. Will get it in the mail this weekend. Plannning to do the dyno.
Registered at the hotel today, downloaded the registration form and will send it out tomorrow...not sure if I will be driving or flying, a lot depends on the status of Kay...(who, by the way, continues to make very good progress)
foot note
The on line hotel registration was very well done Larry...kudos
Glad to hear the good news about Kay.
Don't give up on me, yet. I'll try to get to Colorado.
For those of you that want to order regalia, I need to have your forms by June 27 so I can get the order into the embroiderer.
Ugh... I still have the form (filled out) sitting on my desk @ the house.... will get it out tonight, I promise!!
Larry and group,
Change 3: We are not going to make it out there. Was really looking forward to it because we have never been that far west.
The reason we can't go is last weekend we towed our pop up camper to the NC mountains (Jefferson, NC) and while walking around looking at the big RV's on the permanent sights we decided that was something we would like and bought one. There went the money for the trip out to Colorado.
We will really miss you guys. Have fun.
Steve
Steve, you are the one who'll be missed!
Watch out for those fancy RV campers though. We used to camp a ton when I was little. Used a tent for years, then a pop-up for more years. Then my mom decided she wanted a bathroom... Over the next three seasons we went to a 16' Jayco, a 21' Holiday, and a 24' Holiday with doors at both ends. We then decided camping wasn't fun any more so quit going. With my family, we have only ever tent camped and my kids (18 and 15) still both ask when we can go next. There's something to the simplicity of it!
Check's in the mail! Looking forward to my first V8 meet since 2000? In Cleveland. This time I'm bringing a car.
Hotel reserved, but waiting to hear if wife gets time off or if I'll have to bring my bro. Have the form ready to mail and yes, I plan to be dyno'd.
Larry, you should receive my form any day now. Sent it out in Tuesday's mail.
Is Brian from BMC or Bill of CCE coming? Thought I seen them talk about it. Would like to meet the people that helped create my little beast.
James,
I haven't been able to get any vendors to commit to this year's event.
The hotel reservations at yesterdays cutoff show 25 rooms reserved. Any hotel reservations will now have to be made at the full price.
Here's a schematic map of pre-registered participants to date...
map-of-preregistrations.jpg
I know a whole bunch more will come. Let's get those registration forms mailed!
I got the July meet listed on the Moss Events list Moss British V8 2014 (http://www.mossmotoring.com/ai1ec_event/britsh-v8-2014/?instance_id=698).
All registrants will get some Moss promo goodies including a 10% discount card. Comments on the Moss site are encouraged!
Thanks Larry and Curtis. It would be great to see more support and attendees from WEST COAST. The EAST COAST and areas east of "The River" are well represented. Could it be the lack of water and abundant fire that impedes the WEST Coast. Any ideas on why?
If everyone who plans to attend would take a moment to phone and encourage a friend or two, I've no doubt we could double the registrations. Even if you can't make it this year, please take a moment to encourage your friends to participate.
A lot of people have filled out their registration forms, but not yet sent them in.
If you're not sure whether your wife will join you - mail the form today! - and amend it later.
Your registration will encourage others.
Hey Curtis,
You need to move that Red dot in Washington a little to the left and up closer to Canada ;-p LOL
Bill
You can add another dot to Cali - I got Jim Legg's form. I will also be getting 2 more from the great white north, that is after the postal dog sled get's here ;-)
The dog sled came through - Got Ken Hiebert's registration today.
Updated to match the list on page 1, though I know more will be coming. Are you registered yet?
map-of-preregistrations-2.jpg
I see that the map won't let you place the dots except in the middle of the state. I wish I did get to start in Nashville. ;)
I feel your pain Carl.
I'll be racing to get my car ready... Put it up on stands yesterday to check things out just as a precaution and found one of my CV boots was split and grease had been slung all over. Pulling the axle today - hopefully it's just the boot and I'll be able to get a replacement locally.
Yeah, I've got a big list to work thru. Some of will just have to wait til later.
All mechanical issues appear okay. Last week my CD player broke...now the seven speakers with subwolfer and two power amps have to just play the radio!!
Jim - at least you have a radio... I was planning to install my sound system this weekend, but got side tracked when I found the CV boot split. Got the axles out yesterday. Lot's of grease still in it so expect the joint will be ok. New boots should be ready for pick-up at my local parts place by the time I get off work. Hope to get them put back together tonight. If so, might still get the stereo installed before I head out.
UPDATE: Took the CV's apart; didn't put them back together because wanted to check to be sure what I was seeing wasn't abnormal (see pics). DriveShaft Shop confirmed normal so will be putting them back together tonight or tomorrow.
Note the little dents in each opening... all 6 openings on both axles had these dents so I was pretty sure they weren't wear marks; The DriveShaft Shop confirmed ok...
image.jpg
Note the horizontal "scoring" and shiney wear areas... Again, confirmed as normal wear. Horizontal lines are from machining the cage & sihiney area is wear from CV going through it's motion...
IMAG0523-2.jpg