BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: Ronp on April 20, 2014, 01:45:10 AM

Title: Hello
Post by: Ronp on April 20, 2014, 01:45:10 AM
To make a long story short, I found a totaled TR6 that had a pretty decent 215 Olds conversion, and used parts from a mechanically terminal TR I'd been dragging around with me for 20 years. After Helicoiling the plug threads and replacing radiator, fan and water pump, was able to get it running. It's strong and sounds good. Won't be driving it too much until I replace the squirrelly steering u-joints, replacing the wiring. Lots still to do, but I'm up for it.

I'm having trouble attaching my pics, that will have to come later.
Title: Re: Hello
Post by: Ronp on April 20, 2014, 02:21:59 AM
Trying photos again.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Bodywork turns out great, steering and engine need to be sorted out before I see what it ca do
Title: Re: Hello
Post by: rficalora on April 20, 2014, 02:49:36 AM
Looks good Ron.  Welcome to the party.
Title: Re: Hello
Post by: Dan B on April 20, 2014, 10:58:46 AM
Nice!  Where do you live, Ron?
Title: Re: Hello
Post by: MGBV8 on April 20, 2014, 11:58:33 AM
Great lookin' ride!
Title: Re: Hello
Post by: Moderator on April 20, 2014, 01:03:45 PM
Very, very nice!  You'll have a ton of fun with it.


Incidentally your cylinder heads, valve train, and valve covers are all Buick rather than Olds.
Title: Re: Hello
Post by: Ronp on April 24, 2014, 02:36:46 PM
What can I say? "I misspoke" doesn't quite cover it.  I'm learning the value of checking for myself. So, let's try this again.

The car: 1972 Tr6
Engine: 1963 Buick 215, with AFB Carter 9400 carb, electric choke, stock intake, 315 exh manifolds
Trans:  BW  T-50. 5-speed
Diff:  stock TR6, as are shocks, brakes, springs, steering.

Looking forward to sorting it out, and cleaning up the spaghetti of wiring and hoses.

PS:The more I get into the depth of resources this Forum offers, the more I realize couldn't do without it! You folks are amazing.
Time to make a donation.
Title: Re: Hello
Post by: Joyridin' on May 05, 2014, 04:12:41 PM
Looks nice!