BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: Moderator on April 18, 2014, 12:41:54 PM

Title: MG EV?
Post by: Moderator on April 18, 2014, 12:41:54 PM
(http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/midas/de28806c2327d4d8b7f68abd1a7bea2e/200040226/mg-dynamo-concept.jpg)

Press release appears here: http://www.autoblog.com/2014/04/17/mg-dynamo-concept-ev-official/#continued

My thoughts? I like the wheels, but I think MG (SAIC) needs to rethink their front badging because it looks like they're trying to rip-off VW.  I like electric cars a lot, but this show car doesn't seem very clever. Hardly any details are included in the press release but I see they've loaded enough batteries to bring total weight to 2376#, yet only achieved a 50 mile range. Volkswagen's "eUp!" already provides ~90 mile range to UK and European buyers. It has a more powerful motor and it's a  little bigger too, with four doors and a curb weight of 1511#. If I lived in England, I'd certainly go test drive the VW. I didn't find much more info on the MG (SAIC) website, here: http://www.saicmg.com/  - Your thoughts?