Shell commercial.
Ostensibly, they're selling gasoline, but the cars used in the video steal the show.
Ferrari pulled several of their race cars from various ages out of storage, flew them around the world, and filmed them running through the streets of Rome, Rio, New York, Hong Kong, Honolulu and Monaco. No computer graphics -- these are the original cars on the original streets.
The best part is the sound - from the basso-profundo notes of the early, front-engine era, each scene cuts to a later generation, ending with the wail of a modern F1 car. The sounds alone bring a tear to the eye.
Even if you're not a gearhead, this video will stir the soul. There's just something about 3 liters and 14,000 RPM !
Turn up the volume and enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/embed/1_kwxzU4wL4
Thanks Rick. Forwarded to a few friends who will really enjoy and appreciate it.
I used to have this on my computer at work and I would play it whenever I got frustrated. Great commercial!